Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Quite a shocking development this weekend : While Rogue One recovered a bit it was still disappointing with only R$3.445m, behind Sing (3.5m, also disappointing) and a local movie that is doing surprisingly well with 10m.

The fact that the New Year Eve occurred last Saturday clearly undermined Rogue One and Sing, exactly like having Xmas on a weekend. 2 disappointing and underwhelming weekends due to exceptional circumstances.

And that's unlikely to improve this week with Moana and Passengers coming this Thursday.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

Top 5 (2016) in US Dollars with 2012's ER

In order to help people understand how the current exchange rate is nocive for movies this is what the 2016's top 5 would look like in USD with the same exchange rate than in 2012.

Captain America 3 : 75.5m

Batman vs Superman : 69.7m

Suicide Squad : 62m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 61m

Finding Dory : 59.7m

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dingdong123 said:

Any trends on Moana? How's the buzz for it?

Sadly there is no way to know this, no available stats or else..

Even past trends can't tell us what will happen : The Good Dinosaur did well, Zootopia disappointed and Finding Dory has been incredible.

Wait&See. However January is a great month to release an animated movie there so that could help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Yeah, absolutely!

But as long as it has a long and healthy run, I'll be happy.

That's the right mindset :D Let's hope so :)

Passengers got destroyed by critics and RT but I have the feeling it's far from being that bad.

it isn't.

Even if you didn't like its premise, the acting, the sets, the visuals, the score were so goood that I can't really understand how they could had panned it that way. You didn't like it, ok, I get it, but all that hate wasn't necessary. 

Anyway, Like I said before, wishing the best for this and Moana this and the following weekends, I bet@Mockingjay Raphael is going to see it at least 12 times at his cinema.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

it isn't.

Even if you didn't like its premise, the acting, the sets, the visuals, the score were so goood that I can't really understand how they could had panned it that way. You didn't like it, ok, I get it, but all that hate wasn't necessary. 

Anyway, Like I said before, wishing the best for this and Moana this and the following weekends, I bet@Mockingjay Raphael is going to see it at least 12 times at his cinema.

He disappeared after the disappointing performance of Mockingjay Part 2, I hope he'll get over it someday and will be back, the thread was funny when he was here :)

4 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

How is +650m a disappointment? 

So silly. 

That's how it is seen, the number is not bad at all but so many of us expected it to pass $1B or at least being close to it because the hype seemed so high, so in that sense it was a disappointment, that doesn't mean it bombed, far from it.