Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Wow, Sing only third??? Very disappointing :o

Given its early OS grosses has been good at best, it's not surprising, it's clearly not clicking with audiences like previous Illumination films. 

The UK release is in January and I'm expecting it'll do very well but it faces competition from The Lego Batman Movie which I think will do similar numbers to The Lego Movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given its early OS grosses has been good at best, it's not surprising, it's clearly not clicking with audiences like previous Illumination films. 

The UK release is in January and I'm expecting it'll do very well but it faces competition from The Lego Batman Movie which I think will do similar numbers to The Lego Movie.

Do you know why audiences don't seem to be appealed? I didn't follow what happened with Sing so I'd be interested :)

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

You should try the TV show The Expanse, it's from sci-fi books as well and it's really smart and beautiful :)

thank you

My son is watching it, he had it seen (a few episodes) at a friends of his, who has Netflix = it is the main reason we have now netflix too (plus my accident, and they have the Marvel series, and....)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

thank you

My son is watching it, he had it seen (a few episodes) at a friends of his, who has Netflix = it is the main reason we have now netflix too (plus my accident, and they have the Marvel series, and....)

Good choice ;)

Wow, very weak weekend.

Rogue One fell 80%+ in local currency, Sing is a real failure with less than $1m (Pets got $5m).

Only a local comedy did relatively well with $2.5m, and it's not huge.

Understandable, it was Xmas in the largest Christian country in the world.

• Like 2

About 2 months ago I've made very optimistic predictions for movies in USD, at a time when the exchange rate was improving fast...Of course things changed and the ER worsened not long after that, particularly since Trump's election.

I still expect the ER to improve next year thanks to an economy getting out of a terrible recession and growing very slowly instead, but a new political crisis could easily destroy that hope.

My new predictions for next year will be made with a more realistic exchange rate, improving but still at a crippling level : $1 = R$3 (now it is $1 = R$3.4 so that would mean an improvement : +10%) but I hope for a much better ER that's for sure.

But at least it's much better than in January 2016 when $1 = R$4..It was so high that reaching $10m was very difficult to reach for the huge majority of movies, a disaster.

I hope we can reach 2012 levels someday or close to that..it was $1 = R$1.8 or so :o

Edited by Fullbuster

Personal Predictions 2017 in local currency for several movies

Fast&Furious 8 : R$140m
Justice League Part 1 : R$135m
Despicable Me 3 : R$125m
Star Wars 8 : R$100m
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 : R$95m
Wonder Woman : R$90m
Thor 3 : R$85m
Spider-Man Homecoming : R$80m
Transformers 5 : R$75m
Beauty and The Beast : R$70m
Cars 3 : R$60m

Soon : Predictions in USD. Stay Tuned ;)

• Like 1