Star Wars 8 : $31m

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 : $31m

Wonder Woman : $30m

Thor 3 : $27m

Spider-Man Homecoming : $26m

Transformers 5 : 25m

Beauty and The Beast : 22m

Cars 3 : 20m

I really hope Justice League does well, but the reception of BvS has been turning even fans off. =(

Will Brazilian Fans embrace the DC films?

Edited by TigerPaw

16 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I really hope Justice League does well, but the reception of BvS has been turning even fans off. =(

Will Brazilian Fans embrace the DC films?

Brazilians don't seem to be bothered, BvS and Suicide Squad are both in the top 10 all time in local currency.

Both Marvel and DC movies are loved, so I wouldn't worry about that. ;)

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazilians don't seem to be bothered, BvS and Suicide Squad are both in the top 10 all time in local currency.

Both Marvel and DC movies are loved, so I wouldn't worry about that. ;)

What about the other superhero movies like Lego Batman Movie, Logan, and Power Rangers?

13 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

What about the other superhero movies like Lego Batman Movie, Logan, and Power Rangers?

Logan should do very well, they love this character.

Lego Batman should have decent numbers.

I expect Power Rangers to bomb.

• Like 1

HARRY POTTER / POTTERVERSE MOVIES IN LOCAL CURRENCY

Fantastic Beasts : R$64.5m

Harry Potter 8 : 57.1m

Harry Potter 7 : 39.1m

Harry Potter 6 : 36.2m

Harry Potter 5 : 31.8m

Harry Potter 4 : 30.3m

Harry Potter 3 : 21.5m

Harry Potter 2 : 22.96m

Harry Potter 1 : 22.90m

As usual you'll be able to find all these informations on Page 1, I started to update everything.

• Like 3

brazil's economy currency

WHAT’S TO COME FOR BRAZIL’S ECONOMY IN 2017

Inflation, falling estimations on GDP growth, a high interest burden, state bankruptcy, and more

GDP

The Focus Report shows a market estimate of 0.5 percent growth for next year. This marks the 10th consecutive time that the report has decreased its growth estimation. Just last week, that same estimate was at 0.58 percent. And a month ago, it was 0.98 percent. Meanwhile, the Finance Ministry is working off a 1 percent growth estimate.

Furthermore, this Monday’s report projected a 3.49 percent retraction in GDP. Last year, Brazil recorded the largest retraction in the country’s history at 3.8 percent. 2016 will be the first time the country’s GDP has shrunk two years in a row.

Dollar vs. Real

The report showed the American dollar closing out 2016 at an average of 3.37 BRL, up two cents from last month’s report. As for next year’s average exchange rate, the report hiked it up to the most recent estimate of 3.42 BRL.

The median price of the dollar in 2016 remained at 3.46 BRL. In 2017, that median will go up by four cents.

http://plus55.com/brazil-business/news/2016/12/brazils-economy-2017

I'm worried about these forecasts when it comes to the exchange rate, if they're not wrong that means the ER will be terrible in 2017, slightly worse than in 2016....My predictions for next year would be unlikely to happen with such a terrible ER. But of course, these are forecasts, they have no way to be sure, and people were very pessimistic one year ago about the currency but in the end it got a pretty impressive growth this year, gaining almost 20%. So I'm sticking to my expectations : $1 = R$3 or so. :)

Fantastic Beasts reached $19.6m in Brazil, sad to see it won't reach $20m, it was so close!!!

But still, with such an ER it's a great number, and in local currency it's obviously a record for the franchise, with 2012's ER it would be around $37-38m!

• Like 1

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market (UPDATED )

I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.
Brazil being the second biggest LA market behind Mexico and the most populated I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :D

Latin American population : 610 million (2015)
Brazilian population : 205 million (2015)
Brazil's share : 33.5%

Doctor Strange

Latin America : 49.8m
Brazil : 22.6m
Brazil's share : 45.8%