Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

16 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Napoleon, this behavior is disappointing from you, you were more reasonable and wise before....

Fanaticism is a terrible thing, it blinds you.

I created this thread and followed Brazil BO for years, as a result I can objectively tell you that GOTG2 is a success given the genre and background of this franchise, and the fact it's doing much better than the first one.

It's a success, end of story.

I admit PR's flop and I liked the movie very much.
Fanaticism is not to admit a disappointment because you are a fan... and I'm sure GotG2 was one here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

I admit PR's flop and I liked the movie very much.
Fanaticism is not to admit a disappointment because you are a fan... and I'm sure GotG2 was one here. 

No.

Just no.

23 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Guardians 2 made less than Fifty Shades Darker, and it also came in lower than X-Men Apocalypse both in local currency and admissions. Very disappointing.

My dear friend, I watched this cash grab yesterday, and it was easily one of the worst experiences that I ever had at cinemas. I felt that my money was stolen by this "movie" that had no purpose apart of stealing money from ignorant audiences. People at my show also hated it, they barely laughed during the movie, and left claiming how inferior it was compared to the original. Please, don't waste your money on it.

Fortunately, I watched at same day F8 for the second time and it was a way better experience. 

• Like 2

Considering the expectations for Guardians 2 is 1B WW and its a sequel to uber popular movie, it should have done better in a SH friendly country like brazil. There is no other  way to spin this. Fullbuster is epitome of Disney fan. Every thing is perfect for a disney movie.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

My dear friend, I watched this cash grab yesterday, and it was easily one of the worst experiences that I ever had at cinemas. I felt that my money was stolen by this "movie" that had no purpose apart of stealing money from ignorant audiences. People at my show also hated it, they barely laughed during the movie, and left claiming how inferior it was compared to the original. Please, don't waste your money on it.

Fortunately, I watched at same day F8 for the second time and it was a way better experience. 

Wow. I didn't expect this negative review. Again the movie is disappointing. First on ow, now about "quality". Sad.

The wom is strong... The negative wom at seems. 

I believe that no competition and the curiosity of people about how bad it is will give it an increase next weekend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering the expectations for Guardians 2 is 1B WW and its a sequel to uber popular movie, it should have done better in a SH friendly country like brazil. There is no other  way to spin this. Fullbuster is epitome of Disney fan. Every thing is perfect for a disney movie.

I agree. It's always the same thing: People have huge expectations before the release, and once the movie released, and ends below their expectations, they start claiming how good the movie is doing, "forgetting" what they predicted just few weeks ago. It was the same thing with Ultron, when most of people predicted it to be above the first movie, but, pretended that it was a great performance when it dropped and ended being overshadowed by Furious 7.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

For people GOTG2 doesn't look like a comicbook movie but a sci-fi movie. Sci-Fi is unpopular in Brazil.

I don't need to tell more, too obvious.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I always get banned when a DC film is close to release, at least this time they're letting me comment in the other threads :depp:

Just like BKB banned from Marvel threads.:lol:

• Like 3

In holds, GOTG2 saw slight dips in Finland (-20%), Switzerland (-30%), France (-37%), Chile (-39%), the Netherlands (-43%), Australia (-43%), Bolivia (-43%), Brazil (-44%) and Venezuela (-45%). Overall when looking at last weekend’s openers, the drop-off was 52%. That’s slightly ahead of Captain America: Civil War which dropped 55% for the same suite of markets in weekend 2.

On 03/05/2017 at 10:15 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You were right. Look at this drop. WOM doesn't look good. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

In holds, GOTG2 saw slight dips in Finland (-20%), Switzerland (-30%), France (-37%), Chile (-39%), the Netherlands (-43%), Australia (-43%), Bolivia (-43%), Brazil (-44%) and Venezuela (-45%). Overall when looking at last weekend’s openers, the drop-off was 52%. That’s slightly ahead of Captain America: Civil War which dropped 55% for the same suite of markets in weekend 2.

You were right. Look at this drop. WOM doesn't look good. lol

I'm shocked, Alisson23, I knew the WOM wasn't strong, but I didn't expect it to be SO weak. A 44% drop without any competition is awful, and we can't even blame the OW, considering how weak it was. One of the biggest disappointments Of year for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

JL is easily going to make more than SM:HC, while Wonder Woman will surpass Guardians 2. DC is the new King of Brazil.

And TA3 will dethrone it without trying next summer, your king will only reign little time.:sadben:

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Olive said:

And TA3 will dethrone it without trying next summer, your king will only reign little time.:sadben:

I wouldn't be so sure about that if I was you. Batman vs Superman already came close to surpassing Ultron, despite not having the complete ensemble, and I don't see A3 surpassing A2, considering that CW, that was pretty much sold as A3, ended decreasing. While the potential for JL is unlimited, I can see both JL and A3 reaching 10m in ADMs, that's going to be a tough battle for sure.

• Like 1