Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that if I was you. Batman vs Superman already came close to surpassing Ultron, despite not having the complete ensemble, and I don't see A3 surpassing A2, considering that CW, that was pretty much sold as A3, ended decreasing. While the potential for JL is unlimited, I can see both JL and A3 reaching 10m in ADMs, that's going to be a tough battle for sure.

Well, BVS is pretty much JL too.

Do people really care some mechanic-enhanced guy or some fish-man?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olive said:

Well, BVS is pretty much JL too.

Do people really care some mechanic-enhanced guy or some fish-man?

You'll be surprised. Justice League, as a group - huge selling point in Brazil. Animated show was very popular.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

You'll be surprised. Justice League, as a group - huge selling point in Brazil. Animated show was very popular.

Yes. Even with the reception of BvS and SS, I think JL will be the highest grossing film of the year in Brazil. And I'm very optimist about this film doing over 1B WW.

10 hours ago, alisson23 said:

???? I didn't understand the meaning of your post. Very weird. I hope you're not another fake of him. :kitschjob:

What he means, you fanatic, is that I'm the only one here with a balanced view. You 3 Brazilians are all pro-DC and you blindly hate Marvel. I like both DC and Marvel.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

That's pretty bad for Guardians.

Nope. That's what you hope. It's not good or bad.

It's not bad because the fall is under the global average, and that's not unusual in Brazil to fall by 44%, it's even pretty normal.

It's not good because that means the WOM in Brazil is not good enough to bring other people that wouldn't be interested otherwise.

It's between good and bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

you are as objective as Trump is :-)

That said I disagree with Napolean's comment on Brazil's drop. Its what it is. Its not going to behave like WOM monster. Just a normal run.

Actually, Napoleon is right, an 44% drop is pretty bad for Marvel's standard, both Iron Man 3 and Civil War dropped 37% in the second weekend, while Ultron dropped 13% (holidays), and these movies had a way huge OW than GOTG2, things gets even worse when we notice that it did $2.1m on Monday alone, it made more than half of the second weekend in the holiday alone. It is having a really front loaded run, and won't even reach $20m at all. 

• Like 2

Insurgent, a YA sci fi movie sequel with meh WOM, fell 44% against Cinderella, which opened at #1. GotG2, a ""family"" sci-fi movie sequel with ""great"" WOM, fell 44% against Rock dog, which had limited release and opened at #7.

Do you really think this drop is normal?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Olive said:

And TA3 will dethrone it without trying next summer, your king will only reign little time.:sadben:

Pretty much, Avengers is the most popular franchise. If you add Dotor Strange, Black Panther and Spider-Man to that....

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Pretty much, Avengers is the most popular franchise. If you add Dotor Strange, Black Panther and Spider-Man to that....

23 hours ago, Olive said:

And TA3 will dethrone it without trying next summer, your king will only reign little time.:sadben:

I also believe that A3 is going to surpass JL, I mean, Disney is so desperate, they're bringing Spider Teen, Guardians, Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange... It wouldn't surprise me if even Darth Vader shows up. Eh, A3 is going to surpass JL, actually, it would be a lot of shame if it fails to do this.

Edited by alisson23

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

I also believe that A3 is going to surpass JL, I mean, Disney is so desperate, they're bringing Spider Teen, Guardians, Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange... It wouldn't surprise me if even Darth Vader shows up. Eh, A3 is going to surpass JL, actually, it would be a lot of shame if it fails to do this.

Disney is the most profitable movie corporation by a wide margin, they're not "desperate", they win big.

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Não tentando iniciar uma guerra de Franchise, mas apesar de ser um filme "terrível", Suicide Squad terminou com uma maneira melhor do que a "aclamada" e "well liked" Guerra Civil. Vamos esperar até que a Mulher Maravilha chegue aos cinemas para afirmar que o público não tem mais interesse em filmes de DC. Ah, e não vamos esquecer que o DCU já tem um Oscar, MCU não. 

May x August

This helps the SS legs, in May probably will debut higher

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

May x August

This helps the SS legs, in May probably will debut higher

A good movie can develop in any month, otherwise, how can you explain Avengers 1 pulling a 3.0x multiple in May, despite opening at $200m? And an August release doesn't equal to good legs, Fantastic Four was also released in August, and also had terrible reviews, and ended with a 2.2x, despite facing no competition unlike Suicide Squad. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

A good movie can develop in any month, otherwise, how can you explain Avengers 1 pulling a 3.0x multiple in May, despite opening at $200m? And an August release doesn't equal to good legs, Fantastic Four was also released in August, and also had terrible reviews, and ended with a 2.2x, despite facing no competition unlike Suicide Squad. 

Avengers is a phenomenon... not fair

F4 is a total flop since the marketing... also not fair

August for a blockbuster = less competition, normally this means better legs

Anyway, you hate Marvel, so you will disagree whatever i said

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Avengers is a phenomenon... not fair

F4 is a total flop since the marketing... also not fair

August for a blockbuster = less competition, normally this means better legs

Anyway, you hate Marvel, so you will disagree whatever i said

A movie doesn't need to be a "phenomenon" to develop good legs, tbh. Look at Winter Soldier, a sequel that ended with one of the highest multiples at MCU.

Fantastic Four had a low OW which could translate to better legs than a movie that opened at $135m.

No competition doesn't mean good legs, look at BVS having a 2.0x multiple, despite not having competition for almost a month.

And let's not act like Suicide Squad had a free month, it faced the breakout hit Sausage Party in the second weekend, and the Horror smash Don't Breathe.

Just like you, as a Marvel lover will disagree to anything that is said against it? Please, don't be a Fullbuster, you're better than this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'll be watching GOTG 2 here in Brazil, again. Movie was great, IMO.

Then, I'll be saving money to watch Wonder Woman. :)

That's what people should do, I also do that. I loved GOTG2, and I'm excited about WonderWoman :) Watching great comicbook movies, DC or Marvel it's just not important at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Just watched Alien at previews, and it was sold out. It wouldn't surprise me if it takes the #1 this weekend, especially with GOTG2 dropping like a rock. 

For Raphie -45% = dropping like a rock :P

In the real world : the average drop (45-50%).

• Like 2