Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

And maybe markets are starting to realize it somehow, the ER stagnated today...

I'm honestly unable to predict the ER for the next 2 years, this lack of stability makes it impossible!

The general rule when it comes to stocks is that a center-right candidate is better for businesses and the market, as opposed to a center-left candidate. Although to be fair, Bolsonaro is very far right. I think the investors believe that he is for free market compared to Haddad who is "communist" like.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

VENOM OPENING WEEKEND

Local currency: R$18.8m

Admissions: 1,061,278

For you to have a clear idea about this opening weekend, think that The Amazing Spider-Man grossed 24.5m OW in 2012, since then inflation has been strong and the number of people in theaters boomed.

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

The general rule when it comes to stocks is that a center-right candidate is better for businesses and the market, as opposed to a center-left candidate. Although to be fair, Bolsonaro is very far right. I think the investors believe that he is for free market compared to Haddad who is "communist" like.

Yeah, no kidding......

Bolsonaro said (for those not knowing him):

Bolsonaro: "I prefer my son was dead to him being gay, as he would be dead to me anyway"

Bolsonaro: "you're gay because you weren't beaten up enough as a child by your parents"

Bolsonaro to a woman about sexual assaults: "I wouldn't rape you because you aren't worth it"

To be fair though, if Haddad really defended the Venezuelan dictatorship one way or another he's not much better because what's happening in Venezuela is atrocious.

4 minutes ago, lor15 said:

I'm uruguayan so of course I don't vote in Brazil, but where did u check info? Of course PSL has an economic program, do real research, you will find it.

No.

Last week, Brazil's leading presidential candidate asked his economic advisor Paulo Guedes and his running mate Hamilton Mourao to refrain from making public statements after contradictions emerged over economic policy.

Bolsonaro has previously admitted ignorance over a range of economic issues, thus making him an "unknown entity" ahead of the vote, Caicedo said.

"I don't think the market should take it at face value that (Bolsonaro) is a pro-business candidate… The main issue here is that there is no clarity about how to tackle the huge fiscal deficit, the pension system — which is in total tatters — and the public debt," Caicedo added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/wishful-thinking-markets-must-not-mistake-brazils-presidential-contenders-as-pro-business.html

Edited by Fullbuster

5 minutes ago, lor15 said:

That's not what I was referring to. American media is super anti-Bolsonaro, same happen with Trump, I was talking about an proper economic program. I hope you don't influence tour toughts only reading a few media articles

And that's good: racism, homophobia and misogyny shouldn't be supported, it's vile.

I don't need US media to understand => I just showed you facts. Economics and trade are my field of expertise so I have no need for media to tell me what to think.

Having a few lines about the economy in a program doesn't mean you have an economic program, if it's vague or pure nonsense then it's not an economic program.

Edited by Fullbuster

This will be the last thing I'll comment on the topic of the elections because I know how annoying is to have foreigners telling you what you should vote. However, I have to laugh very hard at the prospect of giving "concern about dictatorships" as a reason to vote for Bolsonaro :hahaha:

BTW @Fullbuster, he said some things today, he wants to privatize state owned enterprises, after having previously said that the people who propose that should have its nationality revoked. Seems pretty trustworthy :rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Morales of Guatemala, but whatever, vote whatever you want, just own the consequences in the aftermath. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

This will be the last thing I'll comment on the topic of the elections because I know how annoying is to have foreigners telling you what you should vote. However, I have to laugh very hard at the prospect of giving "concern about dictatorships" as a reason to vote for Bolsonaro :hahaha:

BTW @Fullbuster, he said some things today, he wants to privatize state owned enterprises, after having previously said that the people who propose that should have its nationality revoked. Seems pretty trustworthy :rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Morales of Guatemala, but whatever, vote whatever you want, just own the consequences in the aftermath. 

Yes, indeed. That's not our role to say them who to vote for, but I don't want to hear any complaint after that.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Let's stop this here, you're not up to the task of debating this with me given you didn't give a single argument, I don't have time to waste.

You neither, given that an article isn't a reliable argument to understand a politician and a economic program, use your precious time reading. The "PLANO DE GOVERNO" from PSL has plenty of pages explaining things you don't know, Google that. Of course I can't explain you that here, it is complex and long. Don't make me look like a fool, it sais more about yourself.

Biggest Opening Weekends in Brazil in local currency

Avengers Infinity War : 65.2m

Justice League : 46.4m

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m

Fast&Furious 8 : 38.1m

Fast&Furious 7 : 38.1m

The Avengers 2 : 37.9m

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m

Suicide Squad : 35.5m

Beauty and the Beast 2017 : 34.2m

Star Wars Episode VII : 33m

Black Panther : 31m

Spider-Man Homecoming : 29.6m

Thor 3 : 26.6m

Despicable Me 3 : 26.2m

Nada a Perder : 26.1m

Logan : 25.8m

The Nun : 25.6m

Iron Man 3 : 25.5m

The Incredibles 2 : 25.2m

Deadpool : 25.2m

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 : 24.6m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 24.6m

Finding Dory : 24.4m

Wonder Woman : 24m

Jurassic World : 23.9m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 : 23.7m

Star Wars Episode VIII : 23.6m

Fifty Shades of Grey : 23.1m

Fifty Shades of Grey 2 : 23m

Minions : 23m

Fantastic Beasts : 22m

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 : 21.8m

The Avengers : 21.7m

Deadpool 2 : 21.6m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 : 21.1m

X-Men Apocalypse : 20.6m

Noah : 20.1m

BIG UPDATE AFTER 2 YEARS WITHOUT AN UPDATE, I added so many movies ahaha so enjoy it :D

PS: Venom is not in the list with "only" 18.8m OW.

• Thanks 2

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms => NOVEMBER 1

Fantastic Beasts:The Crimes of Grindelwald => NOVEMBER 15

Mortal Engines => December 13

Mary Poppins Returns + Aquaman => December 20

Ralph Breaks the Internet=> January 3

Blue Sky Animation movies in Brazil (in USD)

Ice Age 3 : 45.4m
Ice Age 4 : 44.5m
Rio : 33.6m
Rio 2 : 28.5m

Ice Age 5 : 25m
Ice Age 2 : 19.9

Ferdinand : 14.4m
Epic : 8m

The Peanuts Movie : 7.9m
Ice Age : 5.6m

I added Ice Age 5, Ferdinand and The Peanuts Movie.

• Like 1

Bolsonaro also said he will take Brazil out of the Paris Agreement. This is just tragic.

I still have a bit of hope he doesn't win, but looking at the polls, it would probably require a miracle. The hate for the Left spread like a virus during this election. His campaign managed to influence people's perception of reality using fake news on social media, and now I finally understand what happened in the 2016 US election. This is a problem governments and tech companies have to figure out how to resolve, because influencing elections with lies and deception is a big danger to democracies. It's not just poor and uneducated people who are falling for it.

Fullbuster just had a sneak peek of what it's like to debate with his voters. Even though there's plenty of evidence that Bolsonaro's presidency would be a tragedy, they'll say we're wrong. They even called The Economist a communist magazine. :sparta:

Anyway, we're all in this together and when Bolsonaro leads us to disaster or, in the best case scenario, disappoints his voters by not being able to fullfull their unrealistic hopes, I hope we are able to restore our country and unite.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Bolsonaro also said he will take Brazil out of the Paris Agreement. This is just tragic.

I still have a bit of hope he doesn't win, but looking at the polls, it would probably require a miracle. The hate for the Left spread like a virus during this election. His campaign managed to influence people's perception of reality using fake news on social media, and now I finally understand what happened in the 2016 US election. This is a problem governments and tech companies have to figure out how to resolve, because influencing elections with lies and deception is a big danger to democracies. It's not just poor and uneducated people who are falling for it.

Fullbuster just had a sneak peek of what it's like to debate with his voters. Even though there's plenty of evidence that Bolsonaro's presidency would be a tragedy, they'll say we're wrong. They even called The Economist a communist magazine. :sparta:

Anyway, we're all in this together and when Bolsonaro leads us to disaster or, in the best case scenario, disappoints his voters by not being able to fullfull their unrealistic hopes, I hope we are able to restore our country and unite.

Good luck for Brazilian people along upcoming years. I wish the miracle happens, but let's be realistic...

• Like 2