Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The Brazilian government disagrees, and they certainly have a reason.

Of course the Brazillian government would like to pacify the Favellas, and they certainly have good reasons to want that, but that doesn't mean that tourists will see much difference either way. Brazil's homicide rate is down, but there is a limit to what you can do in a few years, making big changes takes time.

If a police very heavily armed cannot bring peace into these favelas before the event, and it's their mission to do it, how could they do it during?

And you probably don't understand it's not just about crime but public infrastructure as well, they're very lacking in this field...Can these cities bear such an influx of tourists?

Seriously now, bringing peace to favelas is an almost impossible mission that would take years to be successful, they probably just tried to make the situation a bit less worse.

And the problem about electronics is that the taxation over imported products is so heavy that buying from other countries may be even a worse option.

Of course the Brazillian government would like to pacify the Favellas, and they certainly have good reasons to want that, but that doesn't mean that tourists will see much difference either way. Brazil's homicide rate is down, but there is a limit to what you can do in a few years, making big changes takes time.

These riots were in a touristic area, in Copacabana.

Edited by Fullbuster

Well, the only difference is their not white.

Half of Brazil's population is white, I don't understand why you say that? Of course there black women and mixed-race women (mulatto right?) as well.

Edited by Fullbuster

Half of Brazil's population is white, I don't understand why you say that? Of course there black women and mixed-race women (mulatto right?) as well.

Lol, not just mulatoo...quadroons, octorroons.  Many Brasilians  from long brasilian lineage (not second or third generation brasilian...but among the oldest lineage, basicly the one with portuguese ancestry) look white while having 1/4 or 1/8 african brasilian in them.  Many have the african phenotype in them.

Adriana Lima is a quadroon...1/4 afro brasilian, her father (i think ) is mulatto...If she was born in the US, she would be defined as an african american because of that one drop rule.  She is basicly like Mariah Carey, 1/4 Black..

I have myself quadroons and octorron (1/8) cousins and nieces...some are white and blonds, others, from the same father/mother looks mulettoes, others have that exotic look a la Angelina Jolie...only Black folks could pinpoint that they have african ancestry in their blood because many african have in their families mulattoes, octoroons, ect....

Point is many Brasilians are mixed even when they don't look like it..  

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

Lol, not just mulatoo...quadroons, octorroons.  Many Brasilians  from long brasilian lineage (not second or third generation brasilian...but among the oldest lineage, basicly the one with portuguese ancestry) look white while having 1/4 or 1/8 african brasilian in them.  Many have the african phenotype in them.

Adriana Lima is a quadroon...1/4 afro brasilian, her father (i think ) is mulatto...If she was born in the US, she would be defined as an african american because of that one drop rule.  She is basicly like Mariah Carey, 1/4 Black..

I have myself quadroons and octorron (1/8) cousins and nieces...some are white and blonds, others, from the same father/mother looks mulettoes, others have that exotic look a la Angelina Jolie...only Black folks could pinpoint that they have african ancestry in their blood because many african have in their families mulattoes, octoroons, ect....

Point is many Brasilians are mixed even when they don't look like it..  

Well, too complicated, I will use the usual terms (white,black,asian,arab,amerindian,mixed-race) because it's not useful to go that far, and someone looking like a white person will be white for me, even though this person is 1/4 black :P

Rio 2 brought in another $1.1 million in its fifth week of release across 749 screens in Brazil. The animated sequel has enjoyed big success in Brazil, where it has already grossed $25.2 million. Rio 2 is Fox’s sixth highest grossing release of all time in the market.

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/news/2014-04-27-rio-2-soars-above-25m

Noah collected $1.8 million from 481 locations in Brazil, a 57% dip from last weekend. The film has grossed a strong $27.2 million after four frames Brazil.

• Like 2

Rio 2 brought in another $1.1 million in its fifth week of release across 749 screens in Brazil. The animated sequel has enjoyed big success in Brazil, where it has already grossed $25.2 million. Rio 2 is Fox’s sixth highest grossing release of all time in the market.

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/news/2014-04-27-rio-2-soars-above-25m

Noah collected $1.8 million from 481 locations in Brazil, a 57% dip from last weekend. The film has grossed a strong $27.2 million after four frames Brazil.

Nothing about Captain America???

http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-04-27-global-the-amazing-spider-man-2-takes-commanding-lead-ahead-of-north-american-debut-rio-2-reaches-250m-overseas

The Winter Soldier is the second highest grossing Disney film of all time in China, where it has earned $107.6 million. Other top markets include the UK ($30.2M), South Korea ($29.3M), Mexico ($24.4M), and Brazil ($21.3M).

• Like 1

http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-04-27-global-the-amazing-spider-man-2-takes-commanding-lead-ahead-of-north-american-debut-rio-2-reaches-250m-overseas

The Winter Soldier is the second highest grossing Disney film of all time in China, where it has earned $107.6 million. Other top markets include the UK ($30.2M), South Korea ($29.3M), Mexico ($24.4M), and Brazil ($21.3M).

Posted Image

Cap2 finally passed Cap1 B)