Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

There will be previews for Goosebumps this weekend, and also for Sicario finally (at least in my city anyway debdodiabo.gif). Can't wait.

I was lucky enough to catch Sicario's preview while I was at SP 3 days ago.

Good stuff.

Goosebumps looks utterly horrible. :weakestlink:

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

I know TLK sold 5.1m tickets

Thank you very much! :)

Does anybody have more info about admissions sold or amount grossed by films released in 70s, 80s or 90s? I am looking for info for movies like Jaws, Star Wars original trilogy, E.T, Back to the future, Ghostbusters,... biggest blockbusters of past decades.

Edited by peludo

Does anybody have more info about admissions sold or amount grossed by films released in 70s, 80s or 90s? I am looking for info for movies like Jaws, Star Wars original trilogy, E.T, Back to the future, Ghostbusters,... biggest blockbusters of past decades.

https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_filmes_de_maior_bilheteria#Maiores_bilheterias_no_Brasil

• Like 2

you can find some sparse info here and there, like the link Fullbusters posted, but it's extremely hard to find box office data for movies before 1995 or so. To be honest, I doubt that box office information even exist anymore.

• Like 3

you can find some sparse info here and there, like the link Fullbusters posted, but it's extremely hard to find box office data for movies before 1995 or so. To be honest, I doubt that box office information even exist anymore.

I see... thank you very much anyway :)

I have found this pdf. It has a list of 35 biggest foreign films between 1970 and 1984

http://www.ancine.gov.br/media/SAM/2008/teses_monografias/SelonkAleteiaDistribuicao.pdf

The list is in page 104

However the numbers in local currency can't be used given they are in the former Brazilian currency.