Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

About Beauty and the Beast this is the example of previous adaptations of this kind of stories :

Jungle Book (2016) : R$38.6m

Cinderella (2015) : R$50m

Maleficent (2014) : R$73.6m

Alice (2010) : R$47.9m

Pretty much successful as a whole, and I'm sure BATB will crush them all :)

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

About Beauty and the Beast this is the example of previous adaptations of this kind of stories :

Jungle Book (2016) : R$38.6m

Cinderella (2015) : R$50m

Maleficent (2014) : R$73.6m

Alice (2010) : R$47.9m

Pretty much successful as a whole, and I'm sure BATB will crush them all :)

Maleficent's numbers are stunning, but we need to remember that it was released during 2014's Summer, at the middle of the Cup fever, it barely had any competition, it was basically Maleficent/TFIOS/HTTYD2 for almost 2 months. It won't be easy to BATB surpass this.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Brazil is becoming a front-loaded market. 

Not necessarily. Fifty Darker benefit from Valentine's day last Tuesday so people who saw it that day didn't have to watch it last weekend.

Moana / My Mom is a Character 2 have been quite leggy this year, and Finding Dory was incredible last summer.

8 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Maleficent's numbers are stunning, but we need to remember that it was released during 2014's Summer, at the middle of the Cup fever, it barely had any competition, it was basically Maleficent/TFIOS/HTTYD2 for almost 2 months. It won't be easy to BATB surpass this.

Where is your earlier optimism about this potentially winning the year? :P

It probably won't but I hope it can at least reach 90-95m, that would mean around $30m+ :)

March in Brazil :

March 2 : Logan

March 9 : Kong Skull Island

March 16 : Beauty and the Beast

Great reviews and great popularity of X-Men + Wolverine : Logan will be a success, maybe more than expected.

I expect it to be between 20-25m.

Not optimistic about Skull Island given the past trends there, I expect 10-12m

I'll use the local currency to predict this one.

Beauty and the Beast can be a success or a huge success, it depends on many factors, it is hard to predict.

With something between 50-75m it would be a success, beyond that that would incredible because this kind of movies never go that high, but with the buzz surrounding it having it beyond 100m wouldn't shock me that much, I hope it can happen :)

15 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Yes, such a masterpiece!!! :shades:

By the way, I hope you're going to watch BATB next month, this one seems amazing :)

I probably won't see it in cinemas, because I'm very busy this year. La La Land was the only one I watched this year so far. But I hope it's great and you love it.

14 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Not necessarily. Fifty Darker benefit from Valentine's day last Tuesday so people who saw it that day didn't have to watch it last weekend.

Moana / My Mom is a Character 2 have been quite leggy this year, and Finding Dory was incredible last summer.

Our Valentine's day is only in June :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I probably won't see it in cinemas, because I'm very busy this year. La La Land was the only one I watched this year so far. But I hope it's great and you love it.

I see, good luck for whatever you're doing now :)

• Like 1

Fifty Shades of Grey reached 3,996,000 admissions in its second weekend.

Fifty Shades Darker reached 2,945,000 admissions in its second weekend.

The gap is too wide, FSD will be far behind in the end. While it's still a success there will be a fall in the end.

Moana-4.jpg

MOANA FINALLY PASSED NOT ONE BUT 2 THRESHOLDS :

-5 million admissions (5,034,000)

-70m in local currency (R$70.4m)

This is the end for Moana, it will gain a little more but after 7 weeks it's mostly over, that was a fantastic run, thank you Brazilians for loving this amazing and magical movie :D

• Like 3