Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The Great Wall in Brazil also bowed No. 1 and is expected to gross $2.6M over this Carnival weekend. That's what I expected earlier, that's decent, I see it grossing 7-8m in the end. Maybe less because next week's competition from Logan will be brutal!!

Box Office Brazil Top All-Time in US Dollars

Titanic : 70.5m
The Avengers : 63.9m
Tropa de Elite 2 (local) : 62.9m
Twilight BD2 : 54.2m
Iron Man 3 : 47.9m

The Avengers Age of Ultron : 47.85m

Furious 7 : 46.6m

Ice Age 3 : 45.4m

Ice Age 4 : 44.5m

Captain America Civil War : 40.5m
Shrek 4 : 40m

My Mom is a Character 2 (local) : 39.2m

Batman vs Superman : 37.6m

Minions : 37.5m

Suicide Squad : 36.6m
Harry Potter DH2 : 35.7m
Despicable Me 2 : 35.5m

Finding Dory : 34.5m

Rio : 33.6m

Maleficent : 33.2m

The Smurfs : 32.8m

Twilight BD1 : 32.7m

Fifty Shades of Grey : 31.4m

The Fault in our Stars : 31.2m

A reminder :) I added My Mom is a Character 2 (local movie), it's now a top 25 :) 

Let's hope one of these movies will be able to enter this top : Logan, Beauty and the Beast, Furious 8, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Given the exchange rate that won't be easy!

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I'm rooting a lot for Logan, it seems very different to other comic book movies. Plus it won't have 3D. I will definitely watch it in IMAX.

Great :D Let's hope it will go gangbusters ;) I don't know if I'll watch it, it could be too dark for me (I'm not a fan of dark movies, The Dark Knight for example was good but it's not in my list of favorite comicbook movies).

23 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm rooting a lot for Logan, it seems very different to other comic book movies. Plus it won't have 3D. I will definitely watch it in IMAX.

Brazilian movie websites stopped updating, have you holidays of sort right now???

TERRIBLE NEWS : Logan will be available on 413 screens only, that's a bit more than La La Land but much less than the usual blockbuster (700-800) or ambitious movies expected to do very well (1,100,1,300). What the hell happened? With such a number of screens you can forget it : it's not likely to compete with previous X-Men movies, a miracle would be needed...

15 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

TERRIBLE NEWS : Logan will be available on 413 screens only, that's a bit more than La La Land but much less than the usual blockbuster (700-800) or ambitious movies expected to do very well (1,100,1,300). What the hell happened? With such a number of screens you can forget it : it's not likely to compete with previous X-Men movies, a miracle would be needed...

No offense but they have to be stupid to put it on that number of screens and not more, and they need to realize that it is an X-Men movie which are popular in Brazil.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

No offense but they have to be stupid to put it on that number of screens and not more, and they need to realize that it is an X-Men movie which are popular in Brazil.

Well you're right : it's a stupid move, I'm disappointed...If we want a real success in Brazil we'll have to wait until Beauty and the Beast in 2 weeks, Disney is always ambitious in Brazil when it comes to the number of screens.

If Logan can reach $10m in Brazil that will be great already with that number of screens.

• Like 1