Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

13 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

logan-box-office.jpg

LOGAN grossed R$6.3m with previews + opening day. With that I expected to be fairly close to X-Men Apocalypse when it comes to the 4-day OW. That's an excellent start, and that also means it will beat XMA in USD thanks to a better exchange rate.

That means $2m OD with previews, that's a good number :)

On 3/4/2017 at 7:33 AM, Fullbuster said:

UPDATE : It's now R$6.6m OD + Previews instead of 6.3.

I was yesterday at a subtitled showing of Logan and it was completely full. In fact all shows were so full that they had to add extra late shows! I only remember seeing it around here(relatively small city) 2 or 3 times ever.

The first time I saw this? When I watched X-Men Origins Wolverine, 8 years ago. Nice full circle...

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I was yesterday at a subtitled showing of Logan and it was completely full. In fact all shows were so full that they had to add extra late shows! I only remember seeing it around here(relatively small city) 2 or 3 times ever.

The first time I saw this? When I watched X-Men Origins Wolverine, 8 years ago. Nice full circle...

That's good to hear :) We need the Brazilian BO to be stronger than ever :)

46 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

logan-box-office.jpg

LOGAN
Brazil ($8.2M/No. 1/Fox’s biggest opening of all time)

Comparison in USD :

X-Men DOFP : $8.4m

X-Men Apocalypse : $6.25m OW

The Wolverine : $5.5m OW

PS : DOFP is slightly bigger because of the exchange rate but in local currency Logan is doing better, that's why Logan has the biggest OW of all time.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

Never underestimate Brazil since it is an an important box office market, and hopefully will be the largest Latin American box office.

Ahaha indeed :D And when you take into account that the Brazilian market is very far from being mature yet it's pretty impressive, the next few years will be fascinating.