Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Everytime I see the exchange rate I'm a bit angry lol

It's terrible and it's not moving since February 2017, always between 3.10-3.30...I had so much hope Avengers 3 would get the best ER since 2014 but it's dead, it won't evolve that much in 2-3 months :(

Time Warner Might Be Selling Warner Bros. And DC Comics

Bad news for DC fans. The Wrap is reporting that Time Warner, the parent company of Warner Bros. and DC Comics, which are in the early stages of being purchased by AT&T for a whopping $85.4 billion dollars, might sell off the respective properties if the deal fails. It seems that the U.S. government might block the merger from happening.

http://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/time-warner-might-sell-warner-bros-and-dc-comics/

I'm seriously shocked, I didn't expect this at all!

DC fans must feel like :

tumblr_nj9u4lOY6k1s2wio8o1_500.gif

@Napoleon @Blaze Heatnix @Arlborn @Deja23 

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Disbelief 3

I just can't wait for The Avengers IW just to see what the Brazilian numbers are going to be lol

And it's the only comicbook movie that's been able to excite me (before its release) since Civil War so it's high time :)

And Wonder Woman was the only to excite me AFTER watching since...The Winter Soldier :)

So I hope Avengers 3 will go all-out :D

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Time Warner Might Be Selling Warner Bros. And DC Comics

Bad news for DC fans. The Wrap is reporting that Time Warner, the parent company of Warner Bros. and DC Comics, which are in the early stages of being purchased by AT&T for a whopping $85.4 billion dollars, might sell off the respective properties if the deal fails. It seems that the U.S. government might block the merger from happening.

http://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/time-warner-might-sell-warner-bros-and-dc-comics/

I'm seriously shocked, I didn't expect this at all!

DC fans must feel like :

tumblr_nj9u4lOY6k1s2wio8o1_500.gif

@Napoleon @Blaze Heatnix @Arlborn @Deja23 

If that happens, DC needs to have their own studio like Marvel. However, I hope that doesn't damage future movies. ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

How is that compared to other blockbusters? Brazil seems to be becoming a top tier market similar to UK/SK for these superhero movies 

It's in the same range than Wonder Woman, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor The Dark World. Still, it's a new franchise so having such a start is impressive, it's the best start for a Marvel origin movie, and on par with Wonder Woman for a comicbook origin story.

As for Brazil it started to be a top tier market for these movies with The Avengers in 2012, still the biggest movie ever in USD along with Titanic.

The Avengers 2 is still the highest grossing movie of all time in local currency so it's definitely huge.

• Thanks 1