Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

AM= Ant-Man

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Ant man

Oh I see..Well, this one is not popular anywhere to be honest, for some reason it's not as big as the rest...which is fitting for a movie based on an "ant" ^^

You know, as someone who is interested in box office and a big fan of Nintendo I'm really excited about Detective Pikachu numbers, not just in Brazil but everywhere! I hope the Pokémon brand, already huge, will get a boost from this and the sales of pokémon Let's Go + Nintendo Switch with it.

• Like 1

I watch the Chinese/Korean BO and I'm quite envious of their advanced tracking, all these stats...Brazil is severaly lacking in comparison, it's be so interesting if Brazil was upping its game.

I understand they have more pressing priorities but still...

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

You know, as someone who is interested in box office and a big fan of Nintendo I'm really excited about Detective Pikachu numbers, not just in Brazil but everywhere! I hope the Pokémon brand, already huge, will get a boost from this and the sales of pokémon Let's Go + Nintendo Switch with it.

I have no clue of what this movie will do, I could see it doing insane numbers but I woudn't be suprised at 'just' 500m - 600m WW.

As for ticket systems, I also envy China and SK but for my health it's good that not every market has that kind of stuff because I would be on here 24/7.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pepsa said:

I have no clue of what this movie will do, I could see it doing insane numbers but I woudn't be suprised at 'just' 500m - 600m WW.

As for ticket systems, I also envy China and SK but for my health it's good that not every market has that kind of stuff because I would be on here 24/7.

Ahaha fair point 😛

As for Detective Pikachu it's true it's not an easy one to predict because it's really particular, different...the potential in countries not playing Pokémon games or barely (China..) is hard to gauge. The strong buzz around it is encouraging though.

Edited by Fullbuster

On 2/18/2019 at 2:15 PM, Fullbuster said:

TOTAL REVENUES : MARVEL VS DC (FEBRUARY 2019)

I decided to combine the gross of all movies from these 2 brands from 2002 to February 2019 to know in an accurate way which one is the most popular (both are very popular but to which extent?). The numbers are only in USD/$, maybe I'll add numbers in local currency someday. Let's start with Marvel, I'll add DC later:

MARVEL (inclusing Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four..etc..): $902m

That's right, in Brazil movies based on Marvel franchises/characters grossed a combined 902 million dollars. 2019 will be the year when 1 billion dollars combined could be reached!

I decided to combine the gross of all movies from these 2 brands from 2002 to February 2019 to know in an accurate way which one is the most popular (both are very popular but to which extent?). The numbers are only in USD/$, maybe I'll add numbers in local currency someday. Let's start with Marvel, I'll add DC later:

DC (all movies since 2002): $274m

It's now clear Brazil is Marvel Country.

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

To be fair you should devide it by the number of movies they have published and then say if it's a marvel or dc movie because obviously if you have a lot more marvel movies the total gross will be higher. It's like comparing HP tot the 3 lotr movies and then saying this was a HP country. 

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

There have been so many more Marvel movies than DC ones, naturally they made more money.

• Like 1

Harry Potter / Potterverse in Brazil (FEBRUARY 2019, in US Dollars)

Harry Potter 8 $35.7m

Harry Potter 7 $23.9m

Harry Potter 6 $20.2m

Harry Potter 5 $17.5m

Harry Potter 4 $13.7m

Harry Potter 1 $9.7m

Harry Potter 3 $6.9m

Harry Potter 2 $6.0m

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: $19.5m

Fantastic Beasts 2: $15.8m

Total: $169m

48 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Captain Marvel...

over/under 30M?! 

With such an exchange rate it's never easy to reach that number, and it didn't change since Aquaman's release so if the success is similar then Captain Marvel can reach that.

25-35m is the range anyway, less than 25m would be very surprising and more than 35m is not impossible but very hard.

I expect it around 28-32m.

55 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not much quantitative data to go off afaik, but I’m thinking R$125M+

That'd be very satisfying. Its main challenge right now is probably passing Wonder Woman to become the biggest OG movie led by a female superhero.

• Like 1

I didn't even realize it but last weekend Happy Death 2U (A Morte te dà Parabéns 2 in this tweet) was domnating last weekend with Alita being second.

This week (at least Monday to Wednesday) Alta was back on top.

As for this Captain Marvel vs Shazam war the fanboys love to talk about I'd say Captain Marvel probably has an advantage: it will have an entire month alone before the release of Shazam while Shazam will have to deal with Captain Marvel right away while having to deal Avengers Endgame 20 days later (and Endgame is gonna took A LOT of screens for it, more than Shazam will take from Captain Marvel).

That doesn't mean Shazam can't beat Captain Marvel, if the movie resonates more with the audience it absolutely can but that's gonna be hard!