filmlover

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 | September 8, 2023 | Focus | Nia Vardalos directs

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I watched part 2, but literally cannot recall a single thing about the plot.

I think it had to do with her parents discovering that they never got officially married in the first place lmao. 14 years and that was the best they could come up with.

Assuming the plot for this one will revolve around the marriage of the daughter and the death of the father (since the actor who played him passed away not too long ago) will also play an important part.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, filmlover said:

I think it had to do with her parents discovering that they never got officially married in the first place lmao. 14 years and that was the best they could come up with.

Assuming the plot for this one will revolve around the marriage of the daughter and the death of the father (since the actor who played him passed away not too long ago) will also play an important part.

I was going to say, "Wasn't the daughter a teenager in the second one?" But it came out in 2016, it ended with her starting college and the actress turns 25 this year. Young for marriage these days, but not totally implausible. Her love interest in Part 2 was from a Greek family, too, so that could be a different dynamic, two Big Fat Greek Families battling for dominance.

Break out the Windex!

Audiences at CinemaCon were treated to the first-ever trailer for “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3,” the latest chapter in the romantic comedy series about culture clashes, true love, bundt cakes and the many, many uses for Windex. The third entry picks up years after the original and follows the Portokalos family as they reunite a hop, skip and a jump away from their hometown of Chicago.

'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3' Debuts Footage at CinemaCon - Variety

Full description of the trailer inside but imagine it'll be online within the next week or so (an obvious Book Club 2 attachment since they're from the same studio).