Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Shake señora! Beetlejuice sequel opens on top

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How about admits record. Is that also in play?

We'll see how actuals come up but should be o/u Endgame. Would need around 0.35M admits to catch TS4 which is still doable with summer break.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Not sure if it has enough steam to reach the top in admissions, but this movie keeps surprising, so...

The biggest shockers -especially in admissions- in recent years have been animations. This year's Top 10 is potentially going to finish with 4 of them.

• Like 1

Did Disney find money under the couch to get to $100M before August?

There are posts here from as early as this week saying it would take a very long time, likely be 50/50 or a nailbiter if IO2 could ever make $100M. 

Edited by todos

4 hours ago, todos said:

Did Disney find money under the couch to get to $100M before August?

There are posts here from as early as this week saying it would take a very long time, likely be 50/50 or a nailbiter if IO2 could ever make $100M. 

Key's response is likely it. Makes sense especially after DM4 opened and chances became slimmer.

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think @RthDeadWov has posted about this previously. Studios tend to hedge FX rates based on market conditions. So its not simple as using the daily rate for BO. if they feel the rates would go down they would pre buy and vice versa when it goes up. 

Canacine was $1806M till 21st?

USD number was 98,057,864.

That's just another $1.85M after that. Why is it surprising? It did $1.21M during 15-17 Jul. A 25% drop would have meant $900K+ on weekdays, leaving another $1M for the weekend. Not too hard I guess when last weekend did $1.95M.

Admits wise I think it will be 25.05-25.1M after Sunday. Need only 100-150K for record 25.2M. I think should be done before next weekend start. 25.5M+ final I guess for $1875M.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Canacine was $1806M till 21st?

No, they are all over the place with their reporting schedule. That figure was most probably up to Wed 24 ($98.6M as per Disney) = $1.3M T-S.

Edited by Purple Minion

25,200,946 | Toy Story IV 

24,910,785 | Inside Out II 

24,861,959 | Avengers: Endgame 

24,191,290 | Coco

23,418,443 | Spider-Man: No Way Home

22,745,011 | The Super Mario Bros. Movie

21,530,855 | Avengers: Infinity War

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How about US$ list for MX. 

We'll know actuals soon for IO2, using Disney's estimate.

Gross in USD (BoxOfficeMojo)

01    99,900,000    Inside Out 2

02    85,378,425    The Super Mario Bros Movie
03    81,165,976    Spider-Man: No Way Home
04    77,594,943    Avengers: Endgame
05    71,882,369    Toy Story 4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

25,200,946 | Toy Story IV 

24,910,785 | Inside Out II 

24,861,959 | Avengers: Endgame 

24,191,290 | Coco

23,418,443 | Spider-Man: No Way Home

22,745,011 | The Super Mario Bros. Movie

21,530,855 | Avengers: Infinity War

Three from Pixar, three from Marvel and then Mario just hanging out there.

• Like 1

JULY 25-28 WEEKEND.

1. Deadpool & Wolverine - 
$294.3M/$352.2M
2. Despicable Me 4 - $55.8M/$661.3M (-34.74%)
3. Twisters - $24.4M/$174.2M (-47.75%)
4. Inside Out 2 - $21M/$1,827.2M (-40.17%)
5. A Quiet Place: Day One - $6.2M/$243.6M (-63.74%)
6. The Forbidden Play - $6.1M/$23.2M (-49.17%)
7. Fly me to the Moon - $2.3M/$26.7M (-68.06%)
8. Wicked Little Letters - $1.2M
9. Entra en mi Vida - $1.1M/9.1M (-79.63%)
10. Bad Boys: Ride or Die - $0.56M/$284.2M (-77.6%)

Thanks to Deadpool & Wolverine and great counter-programming from holdovers; this weekend was the third best of the year below first two ones for Inside Out 2.

Deadpool & Wolverine is already the highest grossing ever C-Rated above current Logan, Fifty Shades of Gray and The Passion of Christ; all of them the only $200M grossers with this rating. In admissions; is No. 4 behind those three but will pass them all by Thursday.

Is looking at a mid to high 800s lifetime gross which would be over 3 times the current record and o/u 11M admits which would be nearly double the current record. For the MCU, it would be the 4th largest hit in lc below No Way Home. Endgame and Infinity War.

Despicable Me 4 holds pretty good and surpasses Kung Fu Panda 4 as the second biggest hit this year; it has beaten Despicable Me 2 and despite a similar opening and more competition; it has beaten Despicable Me 3 as well. With its legs so far will catch Minions soon and is looking to finish with $750M+ and 11M admissions; steady for the franchise.

Twisters manages to survive; if it can snatch some screens back could get some good legs for the rest of the summer and finish close to $250M.

Disney will pop up the champagne as early as Tuesday morning to celebrate Inside Out 2's $100M gross; first ever for the market! In lc; keeps working as a choice for families and aims to end up somewhere between $1.87B-$1.88B; a healthy 15% increase from the previous record. Admissions-wise is going to top Toy Story 4 at some point next week and a final goal of o/u 25.7M admits.

Inside Out 2 will become the first title to conquer the triple crown (lc, USD and admissions) since Avengers: Endgame. Although that one only had it for three months before Toy Story 4 crashed the admissions record; whereas Riley and her emotions will hold it longer than that. Before Endgame, previous owners were Toy Story 3, first Avengers and Titanic.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 4
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 3

I think all holovers should do relatively well through August; there's no massive opener that demands a large screen count and Harold looks like will crash and burn.

Theaters will try to make it with the current Top 4 and several re-issues: Cinépolis is doing Coraline and first three Harry Potter while Cinemex is doing a Tim Burton mini cycle. Plus two small releases for K-Pop concerts: Blackpink and Seventeen. Spidey retrospective was supposed to happen this month as well but is no longer happening for some reason.

However, will be interesting for horror and suspense as there's a constant rollout of them with Late Night with the Devil, The Exorcism, Trap, Alien: Romulus and Longlegs in that order; if they don't canibalize each other and are well-received could make good bank until September.

• Like 1