Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

I thought it was me but Cinépolis is having issues... again :sparta:queues are quite large.
I'm looking at Cinemex and in most places is only running No Way Home since late afternoon. Business across the country finish about 3.5 hours from now.

Didn't noticed it but it could break December 3-Day opening record in pure opening day.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Strange indeed. This is the report doing the rounds: SM:NWH grabbed $9M in Mexico for the biggest-ever opening day in the market — coming in above Avengers: Endgame.

Based on this, how do you see the full 5-day OW?

Im of course no expert but maybe something like 9-6-7-8-9? 

Also on Wednesday, No Way Home grabbed 190M MXN ($9M) in Mexico for the biggest-ever opening day in the market. This comes in above Avengers: Endgame when excluding that film’s previews.

Deadline clarified, they indeed excluded midnights from the Endgame comparison. Anyway we confirm second biggest OD ever in lc and USD. Admissions-wise is below EG and IW but is impressive how it placed right in between IW with and w/o midnights despite similar runtime and capacity restrictions.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

TOP MOVIES 2021 (lc)

01     521,000,000  F9

02     502,200,000  Venom: Let There Be Carnage

03     410,000,000  Godzilla vs Kong

04     338,600,000  The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It

05     313,900,000  Eternals

06     231,800,000  Cruella

07     196,000,000  Black Widow

08     190,000,000  Spider-Man: No Way Home (after just 1 day)

:Venom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

@Carlangonz how do you see FFS?

Need to see how's today. Shows after 4:00 PM seem packed everywhere but matinees are about to start and best-case is that they remain flat from Thursday. If that's the case I'm going with anywhere between $700M-$750M

Nvm. I don't want to do any math right now and get dissapointed later.

ER picked up pretty well given central bank's decision to increase interest rates so hopefully we close below $21 today as well.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Thanks 1