YM!

Weekend Thread | October 7-10th | Smile grins with a powerful $18.5m second weekend (18% drop!), Lyle hums a tune to $11.4m, Amsterdam gets karma'd with $6.4m

On 10/9/2022 at 12:54 PM, Krissykins said:

RIP Nikki Finke

I remember where she was the queen of getting numbers early. She was treated like a queen around here and its kinda crazy to me that no one here is talking about her. I know the forum isn't as busy as it used to be but still. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I remember where she was the queen of getting numbers early. She was treated like a queen around here and its kinda crazy to me that no one here is talking about her. I know the forum isn't as busy as it used to be but still. 

I'm a bit too young to remember her early numbers days, but I do recall people still talking about her often in the old days (aka pre-covid lol). RIP though, for someone who follows box office, she was definitely one of the most influential figures in the business.

The UPSET FOR THE AGES headline because The Great Gatsby jumped to 1st place on its 1st Tuesday ahead of Iron Man 3 will forever live in my memories. Queen Nikki will never be replaced.

• Like 1

Smile's hold is kind of a wonder. The movie didn't show significant sign of legging out during its opening weekend. The 11.3x IM over OW based on 7pm preview isn't really a mind-blowing IM to suggest a ultra strong 2nd weekend like this.