Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

20 something films means 20 solid films with great big picture story at universe level spanning over various sub franchise.

On other hand, couldn't put a good plot for second film taking 13 years. The working point for A2 remains, "it has good visuals". Good luck running that for 3rd, 4th and 5th time.

Not good plot is for you, it's a resounding sucsess around the world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Wops, meant to write A5, you get the point though. Of course things are always changing but it's not really as simple as "well DS did x, of course avengers will do atleast y more".

Nah I was serious about that. Avengers as a franchise behaves entirely different from MCU movies. If you told someone new Avengers movie is coming they will be pretty excited to watch it. 

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay and? 

Those two movies are the highest grossing movies worldwide with room to spare, what $600m to third place?  As we are now seeing with Avatar 2, getting to that ain't as easy as they made it look, is it?  MCU did it their way, which was very impressive and Avatar did it it's own way, which was also very impressive!

Well it depends how you look at it doesnt it. Give A2 the same exchange rates as the first film had, and a full China gross, and the film would be right up there with AVATAR and Endgame.

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's nit just about Phase, the characters that have been introduced in Phase 4 have been mostly flop with audience.

Most Probably these people are supposed to lead into Kang Dynasty

Earlier we had Tony, Steve, Thor and buddies leading the fight against Loki and Ultron. 

Now we have what, Shang Chi, America, Falcon, Yelena, Ms Marvel, She Hulk

You can sprinkle some old timers like Strange, Spidey, Thor, but rest are plain fodders.

@Cap look at the disrespect 😠. Hammer 🔨 time?

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Nah I was serious about that. Avengers as a franchise behaves entirely different from MCU movies. If you told someone new Avengers movie is coming they will be pretty excited to watch it. 

Avengers as a whole still rests on the setup and the strength of its leads. Had the MCU rushed into Avengers films like DC tried to do, the whole thing would've crumbled. Avengers films still very much need the entries they are relying upon to do the proper supporting job to excel. If people start disliking the films, if people don't care for the leads, the appeal inevitably shrinks.

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Well it depends how you look at it doesnt it. Give A2 the same exchange rates as the first film had, and a full China gross, and the film would be right up there with AVATAR and Endgame.

And Endgame with Avatar ER is $3.5B so that’s a bit of a moot point. They make what they make.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

As we are now seeing with Avatar 2, getting to that ain't as easy as they made it look, is it?  

Oh no sir, With Full China normal, It would've blown past Infinity War.

Definitely Would've been easy for Avatar 2, maybe not for Marvel considering no movie of theirs have been able to cross billion this year.

And might i add, all 3 of those movies were heavy hitters, especially Multiversal Madness movie.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay and? 

Those two movies are the highest grossing movies worldwide with room to spare, what $600m to third place?  As we are now seeing with Avatar 2, getting to that ain't as easy as they made it look, is it?  MCU did it their way, which was very impressive and Avatar did it it's own way, which was also very impressive!

Not quite as impressive when your 80 yr old franchise to build from.

Got to give Avatar its props doctor wangg😄

Just now, JustLurking said:

Avengers as a whole still rests on the setup and the strength of its leads. Had the MCU rushed into Avengers films like DC tried to do, the whole thing would've crumbled. Avengers films still very much need the entries they are relying upon to do the proper supporting job to excel. If people start disliking the films, if people don't care for the leads, the appeal inevitably shrinks.

Yeah I agree with the part if reception for phase 5 is anything like phase 4 then it will have a problem but my point was it would still do better than almost of the solo entries barring something like NWH movie 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

There's no disrespect, Most new characters apart from Shang Chi are canon fodders.

They don't feel like lead, and certainly not a roster of a an Avenger movie that is supposed to be a repeat of Infinity War.

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

yeah. I saw that. And I’m sure that I could go on a very long rant about how that’s a really garbage take.

Unfortunately, and I know right this is a terrible thing, but people are allowed to have wrong opinions. 😱 Facts are facts, but opinions. They can have all the wrong opinions they want!!!!

also, this is been going on for like 10 pages, don’t you feel like we should go onto another topic?

like how my aunt and my mother both don’t care that I have a cough, and are insisting that I suffer  Through Avatar today. 😤

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

And Endgame with Avatar ER is $3.5B so that’s a bit of a moot point. They make what they make.

And take AVATAR's gross with todays ticket prices and it would be 4bil+ etc.

And so on and so on.

Thats why ignoring stuff like the pandemic, ER, and China's gross is well trolling really imo when talking about A2's gross.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

yeah. I saw that. And I’m sure that I could go on a very long rant about how that’s a really garbage take.

Unfortunately, and I know right this is a terrible thing, but people are allowed to have wrong opinions. 😱 Facts are facts, but opinions. They can have all the wrong opinions they want!!!!

also, this is been going on for like 10 pages, don’t you feel like we should go onto another topic?

like how my aunt and my mother both don’t care that I have a cough, and are insisting that I suffer  Through Avatar today. 😤

These fan wars have become so boring.

• Thanks 2

Just now, stuart360 said:

And take AVATAR's gross with todays ticket prices and it would be 4bil+ etc.

And so on and so on.

Thats why ignoring stuff like the pandemic, ER, and China's gross is well trolling really imo when talking about A2's gross.

Look at the news Japan and India had freaking earthquakes. No matter what A2 crazily put butts in seats. Wow. Pandorians are dedicated my brother.👍

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Without a doubt. And with but a turn of the tide..This gent maybe in trouble for the other smaller crown. 

Top Gun Maverick Flip GIF by Top Gun

Waiting for the glorious headlines of Avatar 2 beats TGM and is the highest grossing movie of 2022.

Because no matter how much of air superiority you show..... The Way of Water connects us all.