charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Overseas most markets have done their part. Collapse in Japan and below par China being only downers overall. Still overall numbers are fantastic. its OS number will be bigger than anything but 1st movie and endgame. 

Really happy with the china gross considering the circumstances, its even showing pretty good legs

Still not giving up on a os-c gross above endgames

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Um lets not pretend here that a huge chunk of the GA and fans hating the creative direction of TLJ didn’t have a big time impact on how that one held up… 

The good news is, I don’t think this franchise inspires nearly that much passion for the characters for that to even be a possibility with A3.

The sequels being Cameron's singular vision and not different, incompatible directors playing hot potato with movies should lead to a more consistent level of interest and gross.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I'm back brother jimbo. Any chance it can beat my 63m 3rd weekend by 10 or more mil.

What's your regular predict and highend 3rd weekend and 4 day cume my longtime compare.

Man this glorious for nearly 14 years. All the name calling saying Avatar fans are done like dinner. Hang it James never going to get it done

This so satisfying!!

Avatar 2 heading for nearly 2b without a strong China. How about that! Wowww!

" We will teach them Pandorian Ways!?"

Fun Swimming GIF by Avatar

We must "Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless"!

0b8db18e957607704d86885c77b91ed75dc36b93

Yeah looking like $2b without China, your $63m seems to be bang on right now. I got $58m prediction in the Deep Wang 3rd weekend thread but that was before the last 3 days huge numbers came in. I think 60-66m 3rd weekend now

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

your name suck serious balls (a silent voice not any better) 

not sure how it was the "best anime of all time" for a few months

Every anime is "best anime of all time" for a few months when it comes out and has great visuals. Thats how the anime community works most of the time 😄

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

thought you were going for an avatar joke in there

Thought about it, but im a bit tired about the whole "actual quality of the Avatar movies" debate, so i try to not joke about it if possible. Especially since both the hardcore fans of Avatar in here and those who dislike the film/are indifferent about it wont ever change their opinions simply because someone writes a text on an internet message board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We must "Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless"!

0b8db18e957607704d86885c77b91ed75dc36b930b8db18e957607704d86885c77b91ed75dc36b930b8db18e957607704d86885c77b91ed75dc36b93

Yeah looking like $2b without China, your $63m seems to be bang on right now. I got $58m prediction in the Deep Wang 3rd weekend thread but that was before the last 3 days huge numbers came in. I think 60-66m 3rd weekend now

HELL YEAH!!

" LOOKS LIKE YOU JAKE!"

" THIS IS YOUR AVATAR!"

Victory!! And Maverick Pandora is coming!!

• Thanks 1

• Founder / Operator
On 12/29/2022 at 4:23 PM, Legion in Boots said:

Why the convention is to report DOM grosses as USA USD+Canada CAD added together raw as though they were equivalent currencies instead of accurately reporting USA USD+Canada USD post conversion.

Probably because **insert sarcastic reference about annoying industry norms that I won't actually say in case someone takes it seriously**.

Let me dig around. Pretty good question there.

• Thanks 1