kayumanggi

BARBIE | 809.4M overseas | 1445.6M worldwide

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Just like Oppy, Barbie is also benefiting from tremendous spillover effect. If the 3rd weekend also shows crazy holds then we are looking at 1.5B+ WW for sure. Let us hope Japan hops on to this juggernaut. 🙂

Japan is one of the hardest market to do any predict now,so let’s just keep talking about how much Barbie will doing without Japan

50 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Biggest Second weekend in Australia

1 Barbie 17.05m*
2 Avengers:Endgame 13.6m

3 Top Gun Marvick 12.9m

4 Star Wars The Force Awaken 11.8m

5 Jurassic World 9.8m

This is insane if DL not wrong,Barbie break previous record by 25%

This is absolutely worth quoting here. 

Barbie looking at an 11% drop, taking the 2nd WE record from AEG by a huge margin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It did increase spectacularly in hong kong, Singapore and Taiwan as well. So Asia is also not that front loaded !!!! @across the Jat verse how did India hold for Barbie. 

60% drop. That’s very good hold.

Taiwan last week had limiter shows with MI7 still #1. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robertron said:

This is absolutely worth quoting here. 

Barbie looking at an 11% drop, taking the 2nd WE record from AEG by a huge margin. 

And to add to this, the final AUD 2nd WE figure is ~$17.5m, which would still be the 10th biggest OW of all-time!!!!

I have no more words for this. 

• Astonished 3

Barbie Beating Both Australia and New Zeland Second Weekend reocrd,in new zealand is gross 2.84m on 2nd WE ,beating Endgame 2.81m.

Overall is cross 7.8m in New zealand,already highest grossing film of the year,will try beat Avatar(2009) 19.9m all time record in New Zealand

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I just forget to remind Barbie has chance beating Avatar 2’s all time record in Croatia as well since its break €500k and 100k admission in one year,second fastest of all time behind Endgame. (120k in a week)

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sun. I mean that I didn't realise Weekend in Italy starts from Thursday.

movies in general comes on Thursday and almost every big blockbusters comes on Wednesday.

Most sites here still considered the weekend from fri to sun. Especially after the first weekend is not that smart to count Thursday as a weekend day since it's basically the weakest day of the week. This makes second weekend drops always hugest than what they really are cause you have these movies opening big on the first Thursday, with i don't know 1M for an average marvel movie, and then 200K, with an 80% drop on the second Thursday.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Weekend is TFSS in Italy? I didn't realise until today 😅

Yeah for movie releases it's like that, sometimes they even open of wednesday which I hate 🙄

• Haha 1