Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

A shame Mario's run will end before it got to even take advantage of the summer. I have to admit I didn't see it fizzling out quite so fast after such a monstrous start (it's looking to gross about 1/3 of what Minions 2 did on its 11th weekend), but this summer is incredibly crowded. 

I mean, because it had a month+ to itself essentially, it's why it got so, so big. Just so happened that it had lost steam by summer days.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Now that I have come to my senses.

What WB should have done:

-2013: MOS but better

-2014: Wonder Woman

-2014: Aquabro 

-2015: MOS 2

-2016: Flash

-2016: Batman

-2017: Suicide Squad

-2018: Justice League

What WB should do now: RIP Snyderverse everyone through 2027, MAYBE reintroduce Gadot and Momoa. And F'ING NAIL Superman and whatever other characters they opt to do.

They just shouldn't have panicked after BVS. Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League was well reviewed and loved by audiences. If they only have had more faith in the original plan, they would've had a great 2017 with Justice League also being a hit. If WB wasn't happy with the numbers the DCEU was getting back then, and thinking they should be making billion dollar movies, they should have made a more reasonable, long-term course correction, gradually making them more MCU-like, instead of the U-turn they took that made them release bomb after bomb after bomb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just overall a bummer of a weekend at the DOM box office. Holdover not great either. Of course, Disney lowballs everything. Do we have a GotGV3 number yet? Maybe the depressed weekend will lead to better weekdays with, of course, Juneteenth tomorrow too to help boost numbers. But, Tuesday through Thursday should be good too with no new tentpoles next weekend.