baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

DR:2 is already being shot and will release next year or the year after. I expect the budget of this film to be 250 million+ as well since the film involves several challenging sequences. Given that GA is not interested in this franchise, I assume the grosses of Part 2 will also be in range of 600-700 million. This would mean that Paramount will be in red at the end of the day and might put an end to this franchise even though Cruise and McQ want to take it forward. Does anyone from here feel bad about it? I mean this is one franchise where the films have gotten better over the last 10 years and Cruise/McQ go to every length to capture everything practically.  

Just now, Souther said:

DR:2 is already being shot and will release next year or the year after. I expect the budget of this film to be 250 million+ as well since the film involves several challenging sequences. Given that GA is not interested in this franchise, I assume the grosses of Part 2 will also be in range of 600-700 million. This would mean that Paramount will be in red at the end of the day and might put an end to this franchise even though Cruise and McQ want to take it forward. Does anyone from here feel bad about it? I mean this is one franchise where the films have gotten better over the last 10 years and Cruise/McQ go to every length to capture everything practically.  

I don't think it's going to cost nearly as much as this one simply cause it's not a COVID protocol shoot, Part One cost so much cause it was shut down due to COVID halfway through filming.

Fallout has sequences that are just as insane as this one (maybe moreso imo) and cost only $178 million compared to this one's $291 million (official number). If anything I expect it to cost much lower then Part One especially since they waited till post-COVID to shoot it.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's kinda hard dude. English it's clearly not this posters first language or maybe even second.

Mr,Baumer

Thx

Yes, English is not my mother language, but I guess good enough to travel round the World and make a decent living for quite a while now.

Please, forgive my ignorance, but this is a Forum , where I shouldn't really bother if spelling is correct or perhaps some Brazilian dude thinks his is bigger than mine.

Anyways, best of luck all

ps Imagine what kind of mess would be if I started a thread by saying Aliens is better than Avatar 2!

LOL, How dare I! Yikes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Part 2 should have a big jump, also helps that its one of the few big movies next summer. 

Everyone was expecting DR would have a big jump from Fallout. I don't have trust in this franchise anymore. For some unknown reason, the GA in America refuses to embrace it. 

Well finished DR  liked it but  have thoughts....

Good

-Action and stunts were great.

-Hailey atwell is great addition to the franchise.

-Rome was a blast

-Third act is phenomenal .

Not so great.

-Heavy exposition dumps

-illsa plotline

-Villians are meh and plot around them is vague and got convulted at points.

-CIA team really should have been cut out of the film.

8.5/10.

Fallout

Rogue nation

Ghost protocol

MI3

Dead reckoning

MI

MI2

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

The fact that it's flopping is no reason to be sad about. Now Cruise and Mcq can move on to better things. Ugh...but there's still part two..

They are so good at making these action films. No other original film is gonna give them the resources and budget to make what they want to make. 

Just now, WorkingonaName said:

I want Cruise to make the space movie, could be the biggest original since Avatar.

After MI8 it's either that or the original musical him and McQ are developing together. Will be seated for all three.

Just now, WorkingonaName said:

I want Cruise to make the space movie, could be the biggest original since Avatar.

Cruise is a miss when it comes to original films. In this climate, it would be foolish to embark on a 200 million original film. Cruise should avoid it. 

3 minutes ago, Souther said:

Cruise is a miss when it comes to original films. In this climate, it would be foolish to embark on a 200 million original film. Cruise should avoid it. 

Quite the contrary. Looks like multi year running franchise fatigue has finally set in and originals or 2nd parters doing good

Just now, LegionWrex said:

After MI8 it's either that or the original musical him and McQ are developing together. Will be seated for all three.

Wait, What happened to the Les Grossman movie?  it could gross 1B. 

1 minute ago, Algebra said:

Quite the contrary. Looks like multi year running franchise fatigue has finally set in and originals or 2nd parters doing good

Originals doing good? Am I missing something?

Fabelmans : FLOP

Babylon: FLOP

No Hard Feelings: FLOP

The Last Duel: FLOP

I can name 10 more projects that had A-listers attached to them and they flopped. The mantra these days is either do streaming projects or a MCU blockbuster. 

One of the greatest action series in cinema history is going to get smashed by a Barbie Commercial next week. I’m going to blame TikTok, Twitter, Seed Oils, Red 40, MSG, and High Fructose Corn Syrup on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1