baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I can see Cruise leaving Paramount. Not only did they botch the release of  this movie but weren’t they also heavily pushing Cruise to sell TGM to streamers?

He won't leave Paramount, he wouldn't be able to take Mission Impossible elsewhere as that's Paramount's IP.

Also, while the majority of his films were made at Paramount, he's not exclusive to them. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Consistent with the prior ones or not, there’s not much of a reason it shouldn’t have been increasing on OW this time in theory if not for other factors (marketing, competition etc). 

Why? we are not in a pre covid 2018 when Fallout came out are we. That audience has not come back anywhere near the numbers it was at back then and that movie which was considered the best action movie since Fury Road still only made 220 domestic and shy of 800 WW. Real world spy action movies outside of Skyfall have a ceiling.  That is obvious. 

9 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Rogue Nation dropped from Ghost Protocol and now Dead Reckoning is dropping from Fallout.

Like i said in the film's thread

Mission 1 -Under $200mil

Mission 2 - Over $200mil

Mission 3 - Under $200mil

Mission 4 - Over $200mil

Mission 5 - Under $200mil

Mission 6 - Over $200mil

Mission 7 - ?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Like i said in the film's thread

Mission 1 -Under $200mil

Mission 2 - Over $200mil

Mission 3 - Under $200mil

Mission 4 - Over $200mil

Mission 5 - Under $200mil

Mission 6 - Over $200mil

Mission 7 - ?

Mission 8 confirmed for over $200mil.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Bringing back the whole "they released a teaser a year before" thing. Universal did the exact same thing with Oppenheimer. I just remembered that.

WB then followed that up with a new trailer in December 

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Disney/Pixar’s Elemental continues to hold in the top five with an estimated fifthweekend of $8.8M, a great -12% hol

Hot Wade keeps SWEEPING

Oh jeez 🥵

• Like 2

So the number looks to be perfectly fine for dead reckoning if everybody was expecting it to gross around 200 million. For people who thought this one would explode for some reason because of top gun or because of cruise or for whatever reason I guess if it grosses 180 - 200 mill t's a disappointing number.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

So the number looks to be perfectly fine for dead reckoning if everybody was expecting it to gross around 200 million. For people who thought this one would explode for some reason because of top gun or because of cruise or for whatever reason I guess if it grosses 180 - 200 mill t's a disappointing number.

I guess it'll matter if Paramount is happy with it. It's a pretty busy few weeks though...

Tbh while disappointing and obviously going to have a bad drop next weekend due to direct competition, the movie is too good and the franchise is too backloaded to simply collapse 

It’ll probably course correct after Barbenheimmer and ended up with 200m-ish again 

Which is definitely worthy of praise due to how consistency this franchise is, but certainly disappointing considering the fair expectations of some growth. 

But DOM is fine, what is bothering me is OS, this should do 500M and i’m having a hard time seeing it. Let’s see the legs, Barbie doesn’t look like it will be big in Asia which could be helpful.

I don’t think 250 was unrealistic expectation or “huge breakout” at all for DR1. I was thinking 300+ for that. The last three pretty much hit that 250 adjusted, and in theory there should have been no reason for this to decrease with so much goodwill. Cruise momentum should have been at least a minor factor too. In the end, 200 would be disappointing. I will stand by Barbenheimer being a sinkhole for everything else, unless that somehow disappoints next weekend (RIP box office). 

• Like 2