kayumanggi

Weekdays | Aug 21 - 24 | Thursday Numbers | 2.29M BARBIE | 1.35M BLUE BEETLE | 1.28M OPPENHEIMER

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

In my opinion The Hobbit deserved no more than 2 movies and the second One could have been bigger with chances for 1.2-1.3B.  3 were too much.

The first one works surprisingly well as an LOTR style epic considering how little of a book it adapts (though still could have been shorter). 2 and 3 were miserable to slog through. Easily one 2.5hr at most movie in there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first one works surprisingly well as an LOTR style epic considering how little of a book it adapts (though still could have been shorter). 2 and 3 were miserable to slog through. Easily one 2.5hr at most movie in there. 

Fucking hell, that third Hobbit movie is the most boring work of fiction I have ever consumed. I wanted it to end and was damn near asleep, but it just would not fucking end. Why the fuck is a movie based on a whimsical book for children nearly 3 hours long and has a fucking R rating? I'm convinced Peter Jackson spent time between scenes smoking weed with actual hobbits. If it wasn't for Rise of Skywalker it'd be my least favourite movie of all time. Just utter drivel.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

When the 3 DC movies not really trying to be part of a larger cinematic universe broke out (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Batman), you’d think they’d learn something by now… 

What about the other movies they also released that weren't trying to be a part of a larger cinematic universe?

31 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Fucking hell, that third Hobbit movie is the most boring work of fiction I have ever consumed. I wanted it to end and was damn near asleep, but it just would not fucking end. Why the fuck is a movie based on a whimsical book for children nearly 3 hours long and has a fucking R rating? I'm convinced Peter Jackson spent time between scenes smoking weed with actual hobbits. If it wasn't for Rise of Skywalker it'd be my least favourite movie of all time. Just utter drivel.

It was one giant battle sequence, except there’s no real emotions or character arcs on the line. I zone out at mindless action as it is, nevermind 2.5hrs of it. 

30 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

What about the other movies they also released that weren't trying to be a part of a larger cinematic universe?

I haven’t seen BB, but all the others have been trying to play into a cinematic universe/specifically envisioned to be part of the “DCEU”. WW, AM, and TB were all the visions of their respective directors and that’s it. 

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I haven’t seen BB, but all the others have been trying to play into a cinematic universe/specifically envisioned to be part of the “DCEU”. WW, AM, and TB were all the visions of their respective directors and that’s it. 

Shazam's only connection to the DCEU was a cameo at the end of the film that wasn't even a cameo. Wonder Woman had just as much of a connection to the DCEU. 

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The director's cut has an R rating. Presumably they just didn't think it was worth it to resubmit with minor changes to avoid an ultra soft R.