kayumanggi

Weekdays | Aug 21 - 24 | Thursday Numbers | 2.29M BARBIE | 1.35M BLUE BEETLE | 1.28M OPPENHEIMER

1 hour ago, El Gato said:

RWRB > BROS 

The former is a simple love story (with a good premise) while the latter is, well I don’t know what they were going for there but it sure wasn’t positive representation. 

Anyways! Hoping Blue Beetle pulls through and avoids the title of lowest grossing DCEU film! Domestically at least, Shazam 2, TSS and WW84 are within sight. Worldwide will depend on China/Japan/Korea/Australia and holds in Mexico/Brazil. Fingers crossed! 

There's a total lack of fun gay love story films out there. Most of them are sad love stories, like Brokeback Mountain. RWRB is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Everyone is projecting different numbers. Variety is more pessimistic and has GT at 2 or 3, tied with Blue Beetle 2nd weekend. I’m thinking NCD is throwing everyone off? 

Anyway, let’s go Blue Beetle!! Surpass WW84, Shazam 2, TSS and BOP then we’re good! Lol  Give us a solid hold! 

Edited by El Gato

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Barbie is finally getting a week in IMAX from September 22nd.

Crazy that the biggest film of the year hasn’t had any IMAX (and did it without it). 

and with never before seen footage!

700 million on its way!

Edited by VanillaSkies

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Barbie is finally getting a week in IMAX from September 22nd.

Crazy that the biggest film of the year hasn’t had any IMAX (and did it without it). 

Not that crazy considering the movie that had imax during its release was breaking Imax records and Imax/Nolan have a strong hook. Barbie handled loss of other PLF very well as well. After all it does not have the hook of must watch on Imax. 

If a success probably IMAX can get a week more. 650M+ it's becoming easier now.

I don't know how long Warner want to push It now but since seems clear Barbie + Ken and the looks of this movie will be the "biggest thing" this halloween they could also make something halloween related, like "Watch parties" where the couples wear like the characters, in october. 

38 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

If a success probably IMAX can get a week more. 650M+ it's becoming easier now.

It’s going to be close to 600 million this Sunday after around a 15 million weekend. 

Next weekend is the 4 day labour day long weekend. They are obviously going to keep it in theatres for the month of September if they are giving a Sept 22nd IMAX push. I don’t see how it could possibly miss 650 million at this point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

Kind of expensive to see Barbie in IMAX when there's really no need, but dedicated fans would probably still go.

How there is no need to see on IMAX an immersive visual world It's probably  gonna win Oscars in some of these categories (production design, costumes etc .)

How there is no need to see music numbers like i'm Just Ken in IMAX.

IMAX Is not worthy only for the action 

🤣

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

How there is no need to see on IMAX an immersive visual world It's probably  gonna win Oscars in some of these categories (production design, costumes etc .)

🤣

There's no need to get defensive. That's just my opinion. Because it wasn't filmed in IMAX so the experience wouldn't really be enhanced that much. But if you think it's worth the hike in price then go ahead. Also whether a movie wins the Oscars or not doesn't make me want or not want to see a movie.

Edited by eeetooki
add