BadOlCatSylvester

September 15th-17th of 2023 Weekend Thread | $1.2M previews for A Haunting in Venice

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Comscore called this past weekend at $62.4M, which is the second worst YTD.

Only the 4th weekend of 2023 under $80M, along with 2/10 (Super Bowl), and 1/20 & 1/27, when Avatar 2 and Puss In Boots were carrying the box office with their legs

Still a far cry the depths of last Fall, when a weak August led to 9 weeks in a row under $70M, until Halloween Ends & Black Adam released back to back in October

Fuck the D studio. I refuse to name them. Fuck Bob Iger.

Next weekend will be even worst as the-studio-that-shall-not-be-named dumps yet another poor movie into theaters with NO marketing. Expect a 5-6M OW.

46 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fuck the D studio. I refuse to name them. Fuck Bob Iger.

Next weekend will be even worst as the-studio-that-shall-not-be-named dumps yet another poor movie into theaters with NO marketing. Expect a 5-6M OW.

Barbie will return to #1 next weekend. Exp4ndables probably fails to beat the 3rd weekend of Expendables 2 (9m).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Barbie will return to #1 next weekend. Exp4ndables probably fails to beat the 3rd weekend of Expendables 2 (9m).

I will never understand how a Expendables 4 was financed after the disastrous result of Expendanles 3. It has to be some tax scam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I will never understand how a Expendables 4 was financed after the disastrous result of Expendanles 3. It has to be some tax scam.

I totally get them greenlighting an Expendables 4, but the fact that somebody somewhere greenlighted it with a $100 MM budget is absolutely mind-boggling.

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

Blackmail really does go a long way. I get wanting to give, say, Indiana Jones or Transformers another go. But who the fuck asked for another Expendables? Who? No one wants another one after the bad taste the third film left. And this new one has a pathetic cast which goes against the series' main gimmick of packing itself with popular action stars.

• Like 1