Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | TAYLOR SWIFT $31M Estimate, KOTFM $23M

11 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

People using under-35 instead of under-25 as the "young person" quadrant is a sign they're playing a narrative framing game. This isn't a dig at you, just something worth flagging. 

I don't really see the point considering this is still the largest <35 set to turn up for a Scorsese opening. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't really see the point considering this is still the largest <35 set to turn up for a Scorsese opening. 

I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

My first spot check turned up even splits between male/female and over/under 25 (I'm not running these numbers but you can probably add 15-20 percentage points% to under-25 number to get to under 35). 

Furthermore, the ads capitalized on the star power of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, rattling off the director's previous movies and listing recent audience favorite The Departed last so it could have the most impact. Distributor Paramount Pictures reported an audience breakdown that was evenly split between genders and 50 percent 25 years and older. - https://www.boxofficemojo.com/article/ed2642019332/

"The Departed, in the tracking, was expected to skew male and older," said Dan Fellman, president of distribution for Warner Bros. "But the audience was 50-50 male and female and all four [demographics] quadrants were equally split." Fellman credited the cast, the reviews and word-of-mouth for the picture's opening as well as Mr. Scorsese's ability to mix comic relief with the blood-letting. "Even though it's violent, it's funny," added Fellman. "You're shocked by the visuals but laugh at the dialogue."

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/article/ed2608333828/

That's ~20M and ~13/14M in nominal terms for under 25

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

1 hour ago, Eric Mouse said:

Anybody can make a weekday thread. Nobody just feels compelled to do so at the moment. Not sure why.

Probably because nothing interesting happening at the box office rn. Eras not playing on weekdays makes it even more boring. That changes next week though. I am hoping for massive weekdays for FNAF, as Halloween falls on it's first Tuesday, and we have seen many horror movies surge on Halloween.