MysteryMovieMogul

Weekday Thread | Here you go, Mikey! | Monday: KILLERS $2.04M, EXORCIST $0.47M

64% SUN to MON drop

versus:

Haunting in Venice: 66% drop

The Creator: 64% drop

Just a couple of recent, more adult-targeted releases. Obviously KOFM is a much more weekend-heavy movie with its runtime, so its second weekend drop should be hopefully better than these (55% for both). It's keeping IMAX as well, so hoping for an under-50 drop

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Is Taylor’s film playing on Thursday again this week? 

Yes, both this and next week (its final two weeks).

Killers holding up relatively fine during the week seems in line with the notion that retirees are a good portion of its audience.

9 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Guess Apple does care about money... $6.99 to $9.99. Quite a jump.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/apple-hikes-price-apple-tv-streaming-service-1235582813/

Damn they wasted no time.

People arguing about saving cinema, and the sanctity/prestige of the Oscar’s and apple is just like:

”Nope mega bomb. Raise the prices!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Valencia said:

People arguing about saving cinema, and the sanctity/prestige of the Oscar’s and apple is just like:

The more likely option is that they knew in advance Flower Moon would lose them a lot of money, so they arranged for this hike to happen right after its opening weekend.

16 minutes ago, Valencia said:

It was probably in the works for awhile but they don't have enough content for that price outside of Apple devotees

Yeah I got a two month free trial at the start of the year and I was pretty much able to watch everything I wanted to see on there. They're probably still a couple years away from having a library actually worth a subscription.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Marty will not be getting 200M budgets forever. The streaming bubble has burst and everyone knows it. 

Apple has infinite money, I have no doubt Apple will fund whatever he does next as they are trying to get prestige onto their service. They see it as $200m marketing for Apple TV+.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Marty will not be getting 200M budgets forever. The streaming bubble has burst and everyone knows it. 

If he wasn't given those outrageous budgets he'd have thought of other ways to make those films for less.  The Silence went over budget but he still did it for $50m.  He can save cinema without paying DiCaprio & DeNiro 50m+ and maybe ask Nolan how to plan a budget.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Yeah I got a two month free trial at the start of the year and I was pretty much able to watch everything I wanted to see on there. They're probably still a couple years away from having a library actually worth a subscription.

Yeah, I struggle to find anything to watch on my free sub from TMobile - when that expires, AppleTV is joining my Max cancel from this month...

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It was probably in the works for awhile but they don't have enough content for that price outside of Apple devotees

I'm actually not surprised. They've been beefing up content for awhile now and it's starting to show. 

https://www.techradar.com/streaming/sorry-netflix-apple-tv-plus-is-now-the-best-streaming-service-for-original-tv-shows