AniNate

The Day the Earth Blew Up: A Looney Tunes Movie | Grab the hot dogs and mustard!

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Might as well schedule it for November 8th or something. The first couple of weeks for November are pretty barren right now. 

I am sure the possibility that the election this year could turn vioilent is spooking the studios as far as early November goes.

On one side that's a good release date and it's taking advantage of the lack of animated movies between Despicable Me 4 and Transformers One.,

On the other side that's only one month from now, so it's getting a really short marketing campaign.

Still waiting on a US date (and not sure if anyone has even jumped on to distribute it here yet) but late October/early November would seem to be the most opportune time to drop it if they want to have faith the election won't impact its run.

Reviews so far have been pretty enthusiastic for it, so it could find a decent family audience if given enough room to breathe.

I'm shocked that the original Bob Clampett Daffy is starring in his own movie! He has been my favorite cartoon character since I was little, I'm glad they're not using the overrated Chuck Jones iteration (completely changed his character to become a laughingstock).

I suspect the only reason Zaslev is releasing this is the IRS might be cracking down on giving him tax writeoffs for non released movies and are smelling a Tax Evasion scheme. BTW the IRS can pretty much find a reason for deneying a tax write off if they really want to.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

@AJG I remember them.  It did not help that I kept hearing Warner Bros was so broke that they were only releasing two movies in all of 2022.  I knew that was wrong, and I had to thoroughly debunk that on the DC forums (whom should have known better).

I found the source which said DC only had 2 releases in the last 3 months of the year, and the internet telephone game turned that into they only had 2 films all year.  Some tried to counter saying that they only had 2 big films for 2022, which again does not add up.  

Apparently all my online friends completely missed Secrets of Dumbledore and thought League of Super Pets was a DTV film (it cost 90M).

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 1:54 PM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I remember reading that word of mouth on this film was really good, so why did a second-rate distributor end up buying the film?

I guess that 9 Billion  Max just lost made even Zaslev realize he needs to bring in some more income, but fast.

I do wonder why a bigger distributior did not pick this up. Maybe they just don't trust Zaslev.