XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

37 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think the Eeyore mentality surrounding Marvel Studios is grating at best and borderline delusional at worse. If Pixar and WDAS can survive blips then so can Marvel Studios. It's not like Disney will fire Kevin Feige and close it down.

Yep. I do think not being able to have a big con event like SDCC is underrated in regards to maintaining fan excitement and momentum. Obviously that doesn't affect reviews and necessarily box office directly, but it does affect fan morale and confidence in the studio

Now that the strike is over, maybe they put a little more into CCXP than they would in a year with other cons

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think the Eeyore mentality surrounding Marvel Studios is grating at best and borderline delusional at worse. If Pixar and WDAS can survive blips then so can Marvel Studios. It's not like Disney will fire Kevin Feige and close it down.

Jesus Christ, there are more words or expressions for cynical people than just fucking Eeyor, and your complaining about it all the time makes you just as bad as them

Edited by cooldude97
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cooldude97 said:

Jesus Christ, there are more words or expressions for cynical people than just fucking Eeyor, and your complaining about it all the time makes you just as bad as them

I would point out Eeyore isn't cynical, he's a pessimistic which isn't the same thing. 

It's not a good look to swear either. 

10 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

honestly with what's happning in the real world right now, those Cap 4 reshoots are a good idea, should try and pull a civil war and add more established characters like shang-chi or spider-man

I want more Shang Chi but the answer to MCU woes it not to stuff characters into things. That’s a sure way to fire burn the brand.

17 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

2025 slate has so many wildcards.

Fantastic 4 could do well or bomb ($300M-$800M)

Thunderbolts has a bit of a novelty appeal, but will MCU fans even care? ($200M-$600M)

Blade isn't going to make much money even if the budget is low ($100M-$400M)

Captain America is DOA imo ($400M)

Potential billion dollar loss year honestly. Which is the danger of these universes when the budgets balloon.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I feel like two full years out may be a bit premature for calling anything a guaranteed anything

I’m curious. What are your box office prediction for Deadpool and those four? Just shot in the dark early guesstimates.

1 minute ago, YM! said:

I’m curious. What are your box office prediction for Deadpool and those four? Just shot in the dark early guesstimates.

I've said before I think Deadpool has a strong shot at highest R rating ever. Everyone's summer slate for 2024 being cleared helps that IMO

As for Cap 4, I think the better measuring stick is Winter Soldier and not Civil War. Thunderbolts sounds like they're going for a Guardians thing, so if they pull it off around the numbers of the first work. Blades way, way too early to tell but I mean Trinity made 130 and there's literally no way this one could be worse with a 100 mil budget it'll make a profit for sure.

FF is hard to measure because...one could make the argument we've never seen what an actually good FF movie will do.

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not convinced its a great idea for MCU to have 4 releases an year !!!

It's not. Especially if they release any streaming shows that year. What aren't they getting about too much bloat? Thunderbolts should never see the light of day. It's sidekicks the movie.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Holy shit, is this board for real, after all the people saying they should have a year where they delay everything have a completely clear film slate, and they literally actually do it for all but one movie, and you are still upset about it? And say it's too many???

This year sucked for more than just Marvels. I would not say can everything but having too much content has been the achilleas heel for this franchise. Doing it again after the year they had is not optimal. 

That said who knows anything for sure. Let us see how things go. 

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This year sucked for more than just Marvels. I would not say can everything but having too much content has been the achilleas heel for this franchise. Doing it again after the year they had is not optimal. 

But they literally aren't! They are releasing only one movie. How could people possibly still be saying it's too much.