XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

On 2/21/2024 at 8:00 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

spider-man-good-riddance.gif

As I've said previously, the moment he was taken down by Ant-Man's ant army was the moment any and all credibility Kang had got completely vaporized. A YouTube comment perfectly pointed out that the shadowy and mysterious first meeting between Scott and Kang coming right after a flashback of him getting his ass kicked and devolving into a snot-nosed brat did not do him any favours. So I couldn't be happier that he's gone now. I wouldn't mind revisiting the character in a decade or so, but for now, Marvel would do good moving on.

I actually think they might go for, say, Miles Teller as The Maker, the evil Reed Richards from the Ultimate Marvel comics, as the villain of the next Avengers event. It would be nicely compatible with all the other legacy Marvel actors returning to the big screen these past couple of years. This does assume they still want to make it a two-parter though, and after Disney's financial troubles, I have a feeling Iger will follow in Warner's footsteps and ask for it to be cut down to just one movie.

Let's not forget Galactus as a big time menace.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:02 AM, fabiopazzo2 said:

Good lord. Thank you

i hope they will move on

destino. galactus. Magneto. Much much much better Villain fort he Avengers 

Not to mention Viktor Von  Doom.

Galactus was a FF villian, but we all know the FF will become defacto Avengers in the next Avengers movie.

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I really don't think it's Doom. He's too tied to the FF for him to be introduced in an Avengers movie.

Agreed. Doom did fight the Avengers in the SIlver Age, but then you were not a real Marvel hero until you had a run in with Doom. Spidey fought him in Issue FIve of Spiderman way back in 1963.

But Doom will forever be tied with the Fantastic Four like the joker will forever b e tied to Batman, even if the Clown Piince of Crime has tangled with just about every DC Hero.

Edited by dudalb

Maybe 

they could find a villain who isn't even very important for the next Avengers

You don't necessarily need to have a movie on the level of Infinity War/Endgame.
Leave that hype for secret war

First create a team that the public can become attached to

On 2/22/2024 at 7:42 PM, Belakor said:

Marvel should focus on R Rated stuff from now on, Deadpool, Blade, Daredevil. 

They are not going to throw away the kid under 16 audience, guy.

I don't get the "It has to be R rated to be any good" atitude some people have.

Edited by dudalb

On 2/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, grey ghost said:

Doom is sometimes a threat to the entire universe.

I can see the FF teaming up with the Avengers to stop him.

He's duch a grrat villain. It would be a waste not to put him center stage.

He is a great villian but he needs to be allied with a cosmic menace, think Loki and Thanos in the first stage MCU.

9 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Marvels mindset heading into working on the live-action version of the X-Men. Definitely feels like a different vibe than the Fox ones ever were.

If they don't use the Multiverse angle, I got a feeling that X Man/Mutants will be inroduced as having existed a long time, hideen from the normal Human society will be used to bring in the X Men into the MCU.. Thing of The Magics Users in the Potterverse.as an example.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

If they don't use the Multiverse angle, I got a feeling that X Man/Mutants will be inroduced as having existed a long time, hideen from the normal Human society will be used to bring in the X Men into the MCU.. Thing of The Magics Users in the Potterverse.as an example.

I mean they've already established that. Multiple mutant characters have already appeared.