XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Kang would be easy to recast. But more and more credible sources are pointing to that not being the case, especially with the title changing.

An SDCC that announces Spider-Man 4 AND an Avengers vs X-Men movie from the Russos...

Deadline also reporting that Russos are going to be working with Marvel on "various fronts" but that the Avengers is the priority 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Kang would be easy to recast. But more and more credible sources are pointing to that not being the case, especially with the title changing.

An SDCC that announces Spider-Man 4 AND an Avengers vs X-Men movie from the Russos...

Deadline also reporting that Russos are going to be working with Marvel on "various fronts" but that the Avengers is the priority 

Speaking of which, technically Spider-Man 4 might actually beat The Marvels for the biggest raw sequel drop. No Way Home made $1.923B and Marvels dropped $923M from Captain Marvel so it has to make exactly $1B to not break the record haha

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Speaking of which, technically Spider-Man 4 might actually beat The Marvels for the biggest raw sequel drop. No Way Home made $1.923B and Marvels dropped $923M from Captain Marvel so it has to make exactly $1B to not break the record haha

Unless it’s terrible, I don’t see how Spider-Man 4 makes anything less than a $Billion

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Imagine if Disney didnt lose Gunn

omg What a stupid choice they made ahahaha

what a company 

Jeff Sneiders says RDJ maybe coming back in Secret Wars...as Doctor Doom.

Now I still think it's a bad idea to do Doom without him having any history with the Fantastic Four, but if you were gonna bring back RDJ...a new character makes sense 

10 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Spider-man is still one of the most beloved IPs in the world and unlike star wars, Spidey doesn't have any brand damage. Don't see why it won't make $1B+ especially with China back in the fold. 

10 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I highly doubt it'll be under a billion.

32 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Now I still think it's a bad idea to do Doom without him having any history with the Fantastic Four, but if you were gonna bring back RDJ...a new character makes sense 

So they really are going to rush into Doom huh, 😢

(also Doom should be Romani)

So with the Russos as a baseline we know that SDCC likely will cover up to at least Avengers 5 in 2026 if not Secret Wars in 2027 (further in the reasonable possibility both bump back). Which makes a Spider-Man announcement also quite likely.

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This is fine since I never was that crazy about Kang as a villian, I just don't think he ever quite had "the next Thanos" vibe for me.

3 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Deadline's article on the Russos says they are gonna be involved with other Marvel projects beyond Avengers, which lines up with recent rumors that they are now producers on Brave New World.

Might be a bit too late to really change anything with Brave New World  unless truly massive reshoots are invovled.

I get the reasoning; it was CA:Winter Soldier that made the Russos a force at Marvel Studios but still, with the film in the can only so much they can do if the film has real problems without some major reshoots.

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

i agree, but RDJ has got to be careful about the accent; it has to be European but must not be overdone.

And I am not sure brining back RDJ as anybody but Stark will have the kind of box office draw  MCU might be hoping for.

I think somehow reviving Stark is a horrible, horrible, idea and the Russos will not do it...unless it is a Stark from an alternate Universe. They don't want to ruin the story arc they did with Stake meaningless by making it a "Comic Book Death".

Edited by dudalb