XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

10 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Sorry I didn´t know Jurassic Park was doing something called the MULTIVERSE SAGA

And, if you look close, a number of TV shows have  an  actor doing a number of different roles.

I know the the Trek shows often had a actor do a guest role, but if they liked would bring him or her back in a totally different role.

During my social media blackout for Deadpool & Wolverine, I ended up not seeing this: Wendy Jacobson was an executive producer on Deadpool & Wolverine and She-Hiulk, and it doesn’t seem like a She-Hulk season 2 is out of the cards.

Also, lots of tweets of people asking for a She-Hulk’s second season and complaining about the hypocrisy of loving Deadpoool and Wolverine but not She-Hulk are going viral right now:

We know from a podcast that Tatiana Maslany did at beginning of the year that budget might be an issue:

So while I love that the Deadpool and Wolverine producer that was also a producer of She-Hulk did an intriguing update about the show, here is what I propose:

One of the biggest criticisms thrown against the show and the character herself is how uncanny valley it feels. I love She-Hulk’s look, but I can see why some would feel that way, it’s also the major reason why the get was astronomical. Here is what I propose:

Dancepool her.

Get a cosplayer to act as her instead of using CGI, then do what Ryan already does with let’s say Dancepool. Make her proportions closer to a top peak athletic woman that is green with super strength and go wild with it, hell go Rated R and lean in the raunch comedy aspects already present in the first season, just go nuts. I do think that with that the TV format is perfect for She-Hulk. What they need is to cut the costs of VFX down and go creative with it, you don’t really need her to go through the same process that Ruffallo does to make her effective and make her work. 

That absolutely would not work. She Hulk is, for starters, too big for a cosplayer, and then you'd have to comp Maslanys performance onto an entirely different person. She's probably just going to appear in the movies from now on. The guy doing the dancing is in the movie for maybe a full minute, he isn't the main actor playing the character.

Edited by SpiderByte

I wouldn't expect any major Marvel developments at D23 given that they tend to focus on the projects coming over the next two years + the Comic-Con panel having just happened. The shows seems like they'll get the most attention, otherwise it's the actual Disney-branded projects (and I guess Avatar 3 and the Mandalorian movie) will be the ones taking up most of the spotlight.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

That absolutely would not work. She Hulk is, for starters, too big for a cosplayer, and then you'd have to comp Maslanys performance onto an entirely different person. She's probably just going to appear in the movies from now on.

It wouldn’t work as different than Dancepool or Luke Skywalker’s motion capture. My whole point is that you don’t really need her to be huge. You really don’t need to waste that amount of money on VFX for her to work, her point is that she is peak human and green. Get Tatiana’s face performance in motion capture once she Hulks out, let an actress play her.  You really don’t need to waste insane amounts of money to make her work where she works best: which is a serialized TV series with insane comedy beats. 

I really want more seasons of She-Hulk and it’s obvious to me that you don’t really need her to be completely animated like Banner’s Hulk. The best of She-Hulk is the social commentary and the raunch comedy. Lean into that in a TV show with that.

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

It wouldn’t work as different than Dancepool or Luke Skywalker’s motion capture

Those work because they barely have any screentime. They could not replace the main actress with a double for half of the shows runtime.

Just let She-Hulk be the 5. Member of F4 down the line. Many of my favorite F4 comics back in the days where with her

The show was horrible

I would honestly be fine with an animated continuation of She-Hulk. That way you don't have the uncanny valley stuff and can keep her in Hulk form at all times. You also don't have a budget issue. (Same with Eternals tbh if we are not getting more live action stuff)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Youngstar said:

I would honestly be fine with an animated continuation of She-Hulk. That way you don't have the uncanny valley stuff and can keep her in Hulk form at all times. You also don't have a budget issue. (Same with Eternals tbh if we are not getting more live action stuff)

Real problem with She Hulk was the writing.

13 hours ago, fmpro said:

Just let She-Hulk be the 5. Member of F4 down the line. Many of my favorite F4 comics back in the days where with her

The show was horrible

She was never a fifth member of the FF. She became a substitute for The Thing when he was off on his Solo comic run.

After Ben Grim returned , she kept up her connection with the FF, though. Jennifer Walters took over their legal affairs from Matt Murdoch. The TV show, though not very well done overall,did play with legal rivalry between Walters and Murdoch, though.

One difference is that in the Comics, Walters is a brilliant attorney, but inthe TV show she is shown as a good lawyer, but not a top flight legal eagle the way she is in the comics. 

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

I wouldn't expect any major Marvel developments at D23 given that they tend to focus on the projects coming over the next two years + the Comic-Con panel having just happened. The shows seems like they'll get the most attention, otherwise it's the actual Disney-branded projects (and I guess Avatar 3 and the Mandalorian movie) will be the ones taking up most of the spotlight.

Why?! you have 3 unannounced films in 2026. D23 is every other year. 

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

Why?! you have 3 unannounced films in 2026. D23 is every other year. 

Because they got to share the showcase with TV shows and also other arms of Disney within two hours. We are far more likely to get a substantial look at their animated slate til 2026 or even 2026 Marvel shows than Marvel 2026 films.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

Because they got to share the showcase with TV shows and also other arms of Disney within two hours. We are far more likely to get a substantial look at their animated slate til 2026 or even 2026 Marvel shows than Marvel 2026 films.

I agree. Marvel currently has a spot in Feb, July and November 2026. But unless Blade gets moved to Feb, they will probably drop hat date. I think the July date, could be Spider-Man 4, which they can't announce anway. And the November spot can probably be announced at next years SDCC. 

But they also have D23 Brazil this year for the first time, so maybe they will announce somthing there.

58 minutes ago, YM! said:

At the theatrical presentation?

Give me Young Avengers: Children’s Crusade and Midnight Suns.

Ali as Blade.

Isaac as Moon Knight.

Bernal as Werewolf.

Donnelly as Elsa Bloodstone.

Calamawy as Scarlet Scarab.

Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

Gosling as Ghost Rider.

Do it, you cowards.

Just now, ZeroHour said:

Does Disney usually take a date off the schedule when they hand over the date to Sony for a MCU Spiderman? Could lend credence to the next Spiderman taking that July date.

They do. It’s a Marvel Studios production as well.