XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Cryptic 4K is saying, more or less, that Kang is no longer the big bad but isn't being permanently dropped (so it's not just saying "Yeah Loki fixed it all") but that the new big bad is someone who's appeared before.

Now everyone's still thinking it's Doom but...if they wanted a less jarring shift, Magneto is someone who could bridge the gap since they've also set up the mutants in this saga too. Especially since cosmic circus said Marvels thinking about Avengers vs X-Men...if they have it as 616 vs the Fox universe I could see it working.

Edit: Well now...

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

That's from this article:
https://thecosmiccircus.com/exclusive-marvel-studios-next-story-arcs/

Lots of intersting stuff here if true.

The more I read this the less plausible I think it is, since, if this is all in the short term it'd be like....12+ releases a year? Unless this is like the next seven years

Edited by SpiderByte

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Galactus isn't really a Thanos type villain though. He's powerful, but he's all but literally a force of nature. He's a big dude who eats planets because he's hungry.

Although, if you wanted a big space dude with a bit more depth...

AXE-Judgment-Day-3-Progenitor-Celestial.

No one wants "depth" we want smashy and UNICRON. Enough timey wimey ball bullshit, give us GALACTUS and SILVER SURFER

Just now, MightyDargon said:

Honestly, Majors getting fired is a good thing. Kang should be dumped as well, it should have been pretty obvious from Quantumania that this storyline would have killed the MCU if Kang had been treated as the primary storyline.

Quantumanias changing the ending, despite how rushed it was, wound up being a huge bullet dodged. It's be way harder to drop Kang, or at least Majors as Kang, if they hadnt.

I could see them pivoting from Kang to Mutants, especially since the mutants are already established in Deadpool 3 and The Marvels in being a part of their Multiverse plans. It'd still be hard pivot but it'd make the seeming "HAHA YEAH FORGET ABOUT KANG" stuff go down smoother.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Quantumanias changing the ending, despite how rushed it was, wound up being a huge bullet dodged. It's be way harder to drop Kang, or at least Majors as Kang, if they hadnt.

I could see them pivoting from Kang to Mutants, especially since the mutants are already established in Deadpool 3 and The Marvels in being a part of their Multiverse plans. It'd still be hard pivot but it'd make the seeming "HAHA YEAH FORGET ABOUT KANG" stuff go down smoother.

Most of the fanbase WANTS to forget Kang considering how poorly Quantumania went over. Also I don't seem to recall Thanos debuting by jobbing out to Ant Man. Marvel couldn't have debuted Kang worse if they had intentionally botched. 

I don’t think you can be overly upset about the media jumping on the MCU negativity bandwagon. They jumped on the positivity bandwagon and were part of it seizing the zeitgeist.

Feels like Secret Wars might be getting pushed back if X-Men is getting brought forward. Avengers being a group of team ups (New Guardians/X-Men/Fantastic Four) plus maybe Spidey and other New York heroes as the basis of the New Avengers would work very well.

Like with Infinity War you can have them battling it out in different locations (probably with X-Men mixed within them) - which allows you to have a big cast but not feel too ‘full’.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:20 AM, SpiderByte said:

The rumor is literally specifically about an X men movie. Saying apropos of nothing "yeah but nobody would want to see a Storm movie!" Doesn't mean shit because they aren't making one!

that particular poster is always going on about some movie or plot thread that they made up in their head. 

2 hours ago, YM! said:

I don’t think Hulkling will ever show up in the MCU because both Feige and Iger are afraid to have gay leads in their projects. Surprised no Eli or Ironheart.

I refuse to believe this is real. No way Feige and Disney thinks this movie could make money when The Marvels just epically bombed 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I refuse to believe this is real. No way Feige and Disney thinks this movie could make money when The Marvels just epically bombed 

Feels like a false dichotomy (but, yeah, I agree, it's likely going to die before concrete stes are taken). 

We know the initial plan was for a YA tease after Ant-Man 3 (with AMatW stuck in tiny-world), most properties have introduced a potential YA character (including the upcoming Agatha) and America Chavez was supposed to play a significant supporting role in NWH (until covid messed with release dates). There are plenty of costs invested in setting up this project and until they actually cancel the project, it's hard to see how continuing to spend money to develop it is a meaningfully bad use of resources. The internal costs associated with admitting it's failed are presumably greater than what they're spending now. And, who knows, perhaps Agatha becomes a breakout TV hit. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce