movies!movies!

The Smashing Machine | A24 | Dwayne Johnson | 2025

It'll be interesting to see if Dwayne has some dramatic acting skill... Because this will be the darkest material he's done.

I truly believe that this has the potential for Emily Blunt to win an oscar

Edited by Reddroast

I have no clue how this will turn out, but hey, kudos to The Rock for finally stepping out of his comfort zone. Everyone was ragging on him for playing basically the same role in every movie, so this is clearly uncharted territory for him, and to think all it took was for Black Adam to flop. The thought of him campaigning for an Oscar somehow sounds more out there than him running for President though. 

5 minutes ago, Eric Lasagna said:

I’m assuming this isn’t coming out this year after A24 dated a bunch of other movies? Little sad, but it’s fine.

That was only a rumor I think. It could, but filming began just last week and Dwayne's already going to have a busy promo schedule toward the end of the year between Moana 2 and that Christmas movie. A24 probably wants to save some high profile titles for next year too.

On 5/22/2024 at 5:01 AM, Scubasteve716 said:

Internet really went crazy about how the rock looks "unrecognizable" it literally looks exactly like the rock + hair - tattoos lol.

Ehhhh... he never looked like this even when he had hair.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

People think Rock can score an Oscar nom?

The thought of The Rock on the Oscar campaign trail sure is something hilarious to think about. Step aside, Lady Gaga!

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 10:01 PM, Scubasteve716 said:

Internet really went crazy about how the rock looks "unrecognizable" it literally looks exactly like the rock + hair - tattoos lol.

I mean I didn’t recognize him in that photo. 🤷