Grand Cine

WEEKEND THREAD | Wonka 14.4, Night Swim 12, Aqua 10.6, Migration 10.2, Anyone But You 9.5 (increased from last weekend!)

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Wonder if ABY can be #2 next wknd 🤔

Nope , Mean Girls will be the leader with Wonka or The Beekeeper after , i think he will finish at the forth place if he resist to Mean Girls

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Wonder if ABY can be #2 next wknd 🤔

It would be difficult. 

Even although Wonka will fall next weekend, ABY will still need pretty strong legs for #2.

Posted (edited)

Excellent holds even i think A24 has overestimated the number but with awards season (with possible oscar nominations) and no competition the next weekend after the MLK Weekend

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Like 8
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 4

13 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Excellent holds even i think A24 has overestimated the number but with awards season (with possible oscar nominations) and no competition the next weekend after the MLK Weekend

Yeah, a -28% Sunday hold seems optimistic, but even a -40% holds gets it to $4.3M and a 7-8% drop.

Just now, Grand Cine said:

it will be tight for the top 3

Ended up multiplying closer to Ferdinand than Puss in Boots. It'll hold a lot better than Ferdinand did since multiplexes will be holding onto it for a while, but a final total around $110-120M seems likely.