CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

8 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This doesn't make much sense considering that the first Joker wasn't affected.

Not saying that Superman won't pay for the sins of previous Superman movies, but when talking specifically about the joker movies, I just don't see Joker 2 being affected by the DC brand when the first one wasn't.

With that said, sure, I can see this one's second weekend being bigger than Superman's OW if it does as well as the first Jurassic World. That one did 106M on its second weekend.

This is not getting close to the original Jurassic World. If it's good, maybe it can top Fallen Kingdom ($417M).

But, still, even a Jurassic World Dominion ($59M) level second weekend would probably be enough to put it over Superman's OW.

Edited by HummingLemon496

It's funny a friend of mine said, "Why not just call it Jurassic Rebirth since it's a new cast."   I had to explain to him how the "Jurassic World" trilogy made close to 4 Billion Worldwide.   They aren't going to change it again after already changing "Jurassic Park".   I mean they could go with "Jurassic Universe" but now we would be getting into Dinos in space, lol.   The fact is the original trilogy had "The Lost World" so I feel "Jurassic World" will probably be the main title going forward for the foreseeable future.    But I liked the photos and small teaser.  They turned this sequel around really fast.   The premise actually sounds more like "The Lost World' with the whole military covert mission element.