Eric Duncan

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2023)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

The subplot about McKenna Grace’s character forming a friendship/romance with a ghost that hasn't found peace seems interesting.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:37 PM, YM! said:

The subplot about McKenna Grace’s character forming a friendship/romance with a ghost that hasn't found peace seems interesting.

Yah I thought that was nice, though I wish they didn't chicken out at the end. LET THEM KISS SONY

• Sad 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:37 PM, YM! said:

It could have been, but instead, it was one of the worst acted parts of the movie.  The director couldn't decide if he wanted best friends, kindred spirits, or new love onscreen, so you got deadness/blankness from both actresses in the role.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:37 AM, YM! said:

They were gonna kiss and then it turned into evil gibberish.

A lifeless sequel that clearly exists for no other reason than to further extend a franchise that no longer has any creative juice left. The jokes land with a thud, the plot is haphazardly assembled, and with the exception of McKenna Grace, the cast drifts through the movie stuck on autopilot (though I think I've come to the conclusion that Finn Wolfhard peaked as an actor when he was a child).

There are a couple of solid moments here and there (most of them from the interaction between Grace and the ghost girl, though it's obvious the filmmakers wanted to take their friendship to a deeper level and chickened out), but otherwise, this just reinforces that this is a series that has overstayed its welcome long past its sell-by date. Which might have been 1984.

C-

• Like 2

Lookks as though we have another failed franchise on out hands. Tjey should stick inexpensive cartoons for this.

And I love the 1984 film but none of the sequels has come close and most of them have been disspaointments.

• Knock It Off 1

That ice dude whoever his name is is such a lame villain.

This movie is like the worst parts of Ghostbusters Afterlife up to 11. My time is better spent watching old Ghostbusters cartoon episodes.

Edited by Shadow2001