AniNate

Freakier Friday | Lohan, Curtis and everyone else | Now in post-production, releases 2025

I wonder if May 9th could be a possibility? I know Disney don't normally release films that close to each other but Mother's Day in the USA is good marketing for a film about mothers and daughters. 

I still think if she could be talked into it, a Jodie Foster cameo could be fun.

I read that Jodie was actually approahced by Disney to be the Mom in the 2003 film, but declined.

Edited by dudalb

On 8/13/2024 at 3:11 AM, dudalb said:

I still think if she could be talked into it, a Jodie Foster cameo could be fun.

I read that Jodie was actually approahced by Disney to be the Mom in the 2003 film, but declined.

well

On 8/12/2024 at 7:11 PM, dudalb said:

That's be fun. She's known for intense dramas and thrillers but Nyad was a reminder that she can also be damn likable too. And I recently watched Maverick - she is so fun in that too. She should have done more comedies, she has a gift for it. 

there were a lot of pap pics from the set over the last two months indeed lol but I guess that's part of the deal when you film out in LA, most people aren't following this stuff online anyway but I get wanting to keep the surprise element.

this one is is a very sweet shot though:

GVmYXesXoAANJ26?format=jpg&name=large

and the setting made me wonder if they're directly paying homage/referencing the OG movie with Jodie

Edited by fastlane

I do wonder/worry if this is going to be one of those long-awaited sequels that I get super excited for, that ends up being a pale imitation of the original. Ala Disenchanted.

The fact that it’s theatrical gives me hope. If I wasn’t so trepidatious this would be on my top 3 most anticipated for next year.

29 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I do wonder/worry if this is going to be one of those long-awaited sequels that I get super excited for, that ends up being a pale imitation of the original. Ala Disenchanted.

The fact that it’s theatrical gives me hope. If I wasn’t so trepidatious this would be on my top 3 most anticipated for next year.

Nice thing jfor Disney is even it is dissapointing, the costs on this were so low they will probably at least get their money back.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nice thing jfor Disney is even it is dissapointing, the costs on this were so low they will probably at least get their money back.

Yea, the lowest I can see it going box office wise is 30/70 or whatever the 2024 Mean Girls did, if this does end up being bad. Lohan and Curtis being back will make it an event even if it’s bad.

If it’s good, I could see it matching the gross of the original (110M).

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Yea, the lowest I can see it going box office wise is 30/70 or whatever the 2024 Mean Girls did, if this does end up being bad. Lohan and Curtis being back will make it an event even if it’s bad.

If it’s good, I could see it matching the gross of the original (110M).

Since they don't have to spend much on it, it is no brainer low risk venture.

56 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Lindsay's racist comments were kinda swept under the rug, huh?

I don't feel like anything related to Lindsay true or false has been swept under the rug lol it's just nobody outside a certain Twitter demographic cares about that stuff, plenty male stars get away with infinitely worse anyway she's coolio. in fact just saw this video, America sure stays giving her ovations whenever she steps foot outside the house these days!

On 9/9/2024 at 3:25 PM, Flopped said:

Lindsay's racist comments were kinda swept under the rug, huh?

Unless I am missing smethng, that way 12 years ago, and she was still dealling with a drinking problem so she gets a Get Out Of Jail Free card on that one.