Eric the Minion

Longlegs | Neon | Nicolas Cage horror movie | July 12, 2024

Gives me Hereditary vibes. Obviously a different movie but it's the same vibe of true atmospheric horror. As of now it looks like this is releasing limited on the 12th. I wonder if NEON will just end up releasing it wide, as I don't see an ideal weekend for it to expand later on. July 19 and 26 re obvious no-go's. August 2 could work but Cuckoo is already releasing that weekend. Any later than that feels like it will miss the boat. It's not like an awards player that can go wide like a month after because it's able to remain in the discussion.

• Like 2

I was so lucky to see this in private screening

This is the best horror movie in years. Cant remember since when.
This will break out and potential be a horror classic. Wow wow wow.. Be prepared. Could be one of the biggest surpises of the year and i hope it will be a fun ride BO wise.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

6 hours ago, fmpro said:

I was so lucky to see this in private screening

This is the best horror movie in years. Cant remember since when.
This will break out and potential be a horror classic. Wow wow wow.. Be prepared. Could be one of the biggest surpises of the year and i hope it will be a fun ride BO wise.

Obviously just one opinion but I knew it! I had a feeling about this one. Not enough horror movies these days are actually scary or even creepy. This one definitely gives off creepy vibes, even if the genius marketing by NEON is helping in that regard.

How was Nic Cage's performance??

It looks like it could be It-follows-2024 in terms of reception, but that movie only made $14.7 M domestic, which is sad. I know it had small budget, but still. Smile made so so much more (a garbage movie if you ask me)

Edited by cinema pal

3 hours ago, Insomnia said:

Obviously just one opinion but I knew it! I had a feeling about this one. Not enough horror movies these days are actually scary or even creepy. This one definitely gives off creepy vibes, even if the genius marketing by NEON is helping in that regard.

How was Nic Cage's performance??

They know they have a winner on their hands. But lets see how NEON handles it

Out of this world. I still can`t belive how versatile a actor he is. 

• Thanks 1

That's what I was wondering earlier. I think it should just go wide. Even with great word of mouth if it's relying on a gradual rollout and wide expansion a few weekends later it likely gets swallowed by the Twisters/Deadpool combo on the 19th and 26th. Then on August 2 they're already releasing another of their own horror movies, Cuckoo.

It's listed as limited right now on July 12 but it's an empty weekend. Don't think Fly Me to the Moon is going to make much of an impact so yeah, NEON should be going wide with this right off the bat.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

That's what I was wondering earlier. I think it should just go wide. Even with great word of mouth if it's relying on a gradual rollout and wide expansion a few weekends later it likely gets swallowed by the Twisters/Deadpool combo on the 19th and 26th. Then on August 2 they're already releasing another of their own horror movies, Cuckoo.

It's listed as limited right now on July 12 but it's an empty weekend. Don't think Fly Me to the Moon is going to make much of an impact so yeah, NEON should be going wide with this right off the bat.

I think the release date is wrong with Maxxxine and AQP on its tail. This should have a fall or January release

35 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I think the release date is wrong with Maxxxine and AQP on its tail. This should have a fall or January release

Yeah I didn't think of that. That's a crowded 3 weekend span for horror (June 28-July 12) with a "buzzy" horror opening each weekend. I doubt it's moving to January at this point though so I don't know what the best play is.

• Like 1

I am very very excited for this movie. This and Maxxxine are my two most anticipated movies of the year. I am glad to hear from those who saw it early that it is really good. I am getting It Follows vibes and hoping this can perform similarly at the box office. 

• Like 1

One of my most anticipated horror movies coming out this year. Can't wait...

• Like 1