kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AniNate said:

I'm sorta lamenting how Not Another Church Movie was a complete non-starter, otherwise we might've gotten over that 2023 comp hump

Madea movies are kind of a parody on their own and well past their heyday. Giving them the Friedberg and Seltzer-style treatment in 2024 is like beating a dead horse. Also, between Not Another Church Movie and Strays it's like Jamie Foxx is latching onto movies that belong to 2009. How far are we from Jamie from hitting the Direct to Redbox action circuit? Plastered on the poster but the actual lead is Chad Michael Murray or Jesse Metcalfe, with supporting turns from Megan Fox and Texas Battle...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Just now, CJohn said:

Terrible for Fall Guy considering Sunday was heavily inflated.

It didn't change from the estimates. It was the exact number. We were duped to believe that Sunday increased from Saturday.

Didn’t expect unsung hero become the biggest beneficiary of mother day when fall guys, a more female friendly movie didn’t manage to jump at all on mother day. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Didn’t expect unsung hero become the biggest beneficiary of mother day when fall guys, a more female friendly movie didn’t manage to jump at all on mother day. 

Well, Unsung Hero (I think) refers to the mom in the family.

Fall Guy is a romance, but not a mom focused movie.

So, I can see it.  By the dollar, Fall Guy still did a little bit better, but by percent, Unsung Hero was always gonna draw on this day and had a great jump...

Edited by TwoMisfits