kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

Apes movies were never exceedingly  high on CS.

Previous  ones got A-  So B+ should be solid.

For CBMS , Animation and fanheavy  franchises is where  we can worry about it dropping below B+ or even below A- for certain categories (SW/MCU/)

34 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Not related but could someone tell me what are the official previews for Challengers and The Fall Guy? Thursday previews.

1.90M CHALLENGERS

3.15M THE FALL GUY

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm pulling for a weekend over 05/12-14 last year

I guess it is possible.The total that weekend was 95 m.  If Apes gets close to 60 and The Fall Guy can drop under 50% to about 14-15 m. The rest of the movies would have to do about 20-25 million. Would love to see it. 

Posted (edited)

21M - 22M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

The rest of the top five is as follows:

2| Fall Guy (Uni) 4,008 theaters, Fri $3.6M, 3-day $14.5M, -48%, Total $50.5M/Wk 2

3| Challengers (AMZ) 2,609 theaters, Fri $1.55M, 3-day $5M, -34%, Total $38.3M/Wk 3

4| Tarot (Sony) 3,104 theaters, Fri $1M, 3-day $3.4M, -48%, Total $12M/Wk 2

5| Godzilla x Kong (WB/Leg) 2,531 theaters, Fri $700K, 3-day $3M, -34%, Total $192.3M/Wk 7

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4

These would be good holds all around, especially compared to last week. Mother's Day helps yeah, but it's not like it'll benefit GxK very much. Hoping Apes can get to the higher end and reach 22M. Really liked the movie.

• Like 7

It looks like it could be a solid weekend overall and  this may be a happier thread. Right? Apes could get close to 60 if tonight's Walkups are good and it plays well the rest of the weekend.  As I said about the Fall Guy earlier it could be so much worse. A 3.6 Friday off a true Friday last week of 7.3 would be pretty good considering the loss off PLF's. With a possible good Mothers day hold the weekend drop could be pretty decent. Still not enough to turn it into a hit or get it to 100 million DOM but that ship probably sailed last week.

31 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Man I don’t know what y’all are seeing in Kingdom cause I just saw a bunch of mediocrity. The action sequence where she jumps on the horse was good though.

It was good. But I agree it's on the overpraised side of the coin.

Nowhere near the trilogy's quality, definitely flabby length-wise and - without saying anything specific - it didn't exactly leave me going "I can't WAIT to see where they take this?"

We were like, "Ummm, alright."

30 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Apes having strong walkups again. Not too far off Dune 2 as of 7pm EST

Comps are at $17.83M

Don’t want to jinx things, but 24 Friday could happen! Maybe!

41 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Man I don’t know what y’all are seeing in Kingdom cause I just saw a bunch of mediocrity. The action sequence where she jumps on the horse was good though.

I just said I liked it. Never said I loved it 🤷 

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Oh great here we go with the conflicting reports . Gonna be a little deflating if Charlie is right. That kills the chance at 60 or even 55+.maybe.

I will always trust Jat over deadline.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I will always trust Jat over deadline.

Charlie and Deadline are close to each other it's Flat Lannister an Eric getting the hopes up about 17+true Friday and 24 total. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Charlie and Deadline are close to each other it's Flat Lannister an Eric getting the hopes up about 17+true Friday and 24 total. 

I mean I was pretty direct in saying that it could happen. Not that it for sure will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric the Ape said:

I mean I was pretty direct in saying that it could happen. Not that it for sure will.

2 minutes ago, Eric the Ape said:

Yeah but starting off with I don't want to jinx it. Well....=)