Flopped

THE SUBSTANCE | Coralie Fargeat body horror with Demi Moore

So yeah, I saw this today and now I’m scarred for life… Still pretty good though.

Body horror stuff usually doesn’t bother me, but the finale with the second substance dose really left me uncomfortable. Looking at this movie through the lens of learning to love who you are, no matter how you look, makes it hit harder for me.

On 9/15/2024 at 3:13 PM, lorddemaxus said:

All the Reagan-heads pulling up for this after watching Dennis Quaid’s performance in that (still think it’s pretty funny these two are releasing like a month apart)

The screening I went to was surprisingly full so I had to sit with my lady friend in the second row closest to the screen. I hadn’t seen a trailer or any footage from the movie so all the extreme close ups were very uncomfortable. All the nudity and butt shots didn’t bother my friend but the close ups on Dennis Quaid’s face eating and his intro scene definitely made me squirm in my seat.

6 hours ago, Flopped said:

It had a great second weekend increase in The Netherlands due to all the viral tiktoks. With all the territories it has left, I can see it getting to 30M.

• Like 1