kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [June 10 - 13, 2024] | Thursday | 4.48M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

On 6/11/2024 at 9:46 AM, kayumanggi said:

The discourse on furiosa is getting annoying, i don't think blaming audiences for "having no taste" just because they didn't want to see a film critics and online mad max fans liked.

You don't get this type of box office bomb unless there's wide rejection by the general audience. All parties involved need to share the blame. George Miller fucked up by recasting furiosa and the prequel story was inaccessible to the general public. WB didn't put together good trailers .The actors don't have box office pull and didn't really sell the movie well, the press tour had no positive impact on awareness about the film.

Everyone failed here and i think blaming the audience is getting tired...

• Like 5

On 6/11/2024 at 10:28 AM, toutvabien said:

Maybe not very relevant in this thread, but Challengers needs $543k to reach $50m. Just had a $422k weekend.

Also, it's around $93m ww.

I was looking around on the-numbers.com and this is the top 10 of mid budget* (american) dramas with original screenplays post pandemic 

hmCRqGi.png

Something to consider everytime someone complains about hollywood not making original movies anymore, is it a demand or supply problem?

*I kept mid budget constrained at 60m, i used to think mid budget was 30-40m but i think inflation might have killed that

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cinema pal said:

So Hit man numbers are finally out. And guess what, they're not great.

Almost 3 times worse than Atlas' debut, and french shark movie got 40.9 M views against Hit man's 10.8 M

That cartoon about that gay shark made nearly $400m - a movie about a French shark doing well doesn't surprise me at all.

48 minutes ago, discussingnotfilms said:

good movies go to die on netflix

Hit Man wasn't released worldwide but instead in only a handful of territories (also on a Friday vs a Wednesday for Under Paris and Thursday for most Netflix movies). Its very hard to make a direct comparison for it vs other Netflix movies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I realize all films, especially family films, will be hit hard this weekend from IO2, but this looks to be making it to the 120-125m realm. Pretty good multi. 

7.2, Great number for "Bad Boys"  It's only 10 Million behind "Bad Boys For Life" that was coming off MLK Weekend after 5 days.    I think beating both "John Wick 4" and "Mission Impossible 7" Domestic is on the table if it can have a nice hold this weekend.  "Bad Boys For Life" dropped 45% in it's 2nd Weekend for 34 Million.      

20 hours ago, discussingnotfilms said:

The discourse on furiosa is getting annoying, i don't think blaming audiences for "having no taste" just because they didn't want to see a film critics and online mad max fans liked.

You don't get this type of box office bomb unless there's wide rejection by the general audience. All parties involved need to share the blame. George Miller fucked up by recasting furiosa and the prequel story was inaccessible to the general public. WB didn't put together good trailers .The actors don't have box office pull and didn't really sell the movie well, the press tour had no positive impact on awareness about the film.

Everyone failed here and i think blaming the audience is getting tired...

I mean if the audience is chosing to watch Garfield and IT over of an actual good movie, then i think the audience can handle a good blame game or two.

Edited by Shadow2001
  • Like 2