Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Just now, Mickiland16 said:

Over Finding Dory OW and $500M DOM total?? How likely is it lookingΒ 

Feasible... It would be a stretch though. Elemental had a 12.33x multi from previews. Which would mean a $160m OW for Inside Out 2, but since Elemental was an original, it was less front loaded. I think It's a wait and see matter, if it will cross Finding Dory.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Inside Out 2 and DM4 will both make 1 billion. But I thought families don’t like going out to theaters anymore? That theaters are too dirty and there are too many Β ads?

People saying that argument tend to forget "lack of interest" as the main reason.

Β 

When families have a lot of interest in a movie, they will tolerate/accept many ads, noisy theaters and expensive ticket prices

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Feasible... It would be a stretch though. Elemental had a 12.33x multi from previews. Which would mean a $160m OW for Inside Out 2, but since Elemental was an original, it was less front loaded. I think It's a wait and see matter, if it will cross Finding Dory.

What were the previews and multi for Incredibles 2? Elemental is original so it is a bad comp. Frozen 2 was a big sequel but that was in November.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What were the previews and multi for Incredibles 2? Elemental is original so it is a bad comp. Frozen 2 was a big sequel but that was in November.

Best comp is Toy Story 4, imo. It had a 10x from previews.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

18.5*9.9

If you're Universal watching this movie blow up, you should really be thinking about where to move Wicked. Moana is even more popular these days than Inside Out and leaving it where it is, you're making a pretty big bet that Moana 2 will both be terrible and that audiences will care if it's terrible.

• Like 1

Honestly don’t care that I underestimated IO2 - theaters need the business, so any over-performance is welcomeΒ 

• Like 4