The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Cars 3 is fine, I'm glad they reduced Mater to a bit role and it's got some fun setpieces

Β 

Would be a shame if Brian Fee's supposed original project got canned, they floated that project a lot in the late 2010s but hasn't been much update on it since before Luca was announced. If that's not what their March 26 movie is then I am assuming it was dropped.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

And then...

Β 

Β 

Twisters is fucked. The weekend before the storm is always depressed.Β 

25 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

I think the one thing that has been consistent, and I'm sure the tracking team can correct me if I'm wrong, is that movies that skew more white typically have bad walk-ups. Elvis, Indiana Jones, Fall Guy, Furiosa, Flower Moon. I think even Top Gun didn't really have big walk-ups.

Β 

By contrast, stuff skewed more towards Black/Hispanic viewers typically have bigger walk-ups. So GxK, Equalizer, Creed, Apes, Minions, Kung Fu Panda, Inside Out, etc.

Β 

So yeah. Not a great sign for Twisters, though I believe the consensus is it should still cross 40M at least, maybe even 50M. That's still fine.

SpeakingΒ  of TG Maverick. Just reading on Deadline that Miles Teller is attached to A Officer and A Gentleman remake at Paramount .I bet your NTC meter is twitching right now Eric. πŸ˜ƒΒ But seriously who the hell is asking for that.Β 

11 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

Cars 2 is pretty dreadful, but Cars 3 kinda slaps.Β  Really moving story that just because you get older doesn't mean quitting, but gives you an opportunity for something new.

Β 

Β 

I don’t listen to millennials about movies sorryΒ 

The ideas behind Cars 3 are all good, but in execution it's all very very boring. A surprisingly lifeless movie. I do appreciate that it completely refuses to even acknowledge the existence of Cars 2 though.

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Twisters is fucked. The weekend before the storm is always depressed.Β 

If BB ROD can open to 57 the weekend before IO 2. Twisters can do decent the weekend before DP and W.

My ranking:

1. Up
  2. Wall-e
  3. Inside Out
  4. Monsters Inc.
  5. Toy Story 3
  6. Toy Story 4
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Toy Story
  9. Finding Nemo
  10. Toy Story 2
  11. Soul
  12. The Incredibles
  13. Coco
  14. Inside Out 2
  15. Turning Red
  16. Incredibles 2
  17. Luca
  18. A Bug's Life
  19. Finding Dory
  20. Monsters University
  21. Brave
  22. Onward
  23. Cars
  24. Elemental
  25. Lightyear
  26. The Good Dinosaur
  27. Cars 3
  28. Cars 2

Β 

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

If BB ROD can open to 57 the weekend before IO 2. Twisters can do decent the weekend before DP and W.

The fourth entry in a consistent Black-led franchise (with a bigger star) opening after a super weak May and right before a Pixar sequel is not comparable to a legacy tornado sequel opening right before a possibly 200M opening weekend superhero movie.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

The fourth entry in a consistent Black-led franchise (with a bigger star) opening after a super weak May and right before a Pixar sequel is not comparable to a legacy tornado sequel opening right before a possibly 200M opening weekend superhero movie.

True but once again I think people are burying Twisters way too early. The release date is idiotic yes but I still think as Eric said 40 + and even 50+ is possible if the target audience is interested.Β Β 

• Like 1