kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

In Screen Engine/Comscore audience exits, A Quiet Place: Day One gets four stars. A massive diverse crowd is showing up to the Paramount movie with 35% Caucasian, 32% Latino and Hispanic, 20% Black, 10% Asian and 4% Native American/other.  

So maybe the RT verified Audience score is not a reliable indicator anymore either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

So maybe the RT verified Audience score is not a reliable indicator anymore either. 

It’s weird indeed, very rare for this to happen but worth to keep an eye from now on.

Strange year, Apes having franchise-best legs with a B CinemaScore. 

Now Day One getting very solid audience reception despite horrible RT verified score.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

In Screen Engine/Comscore audience exits, A Quiet Place: Day One gets four stars. A massive diverse crowd is showing up to the Paramount movie with 35% Caucasian, 32% Latino and Hispanic, 20% Black, 10% Asian and 4% Native American/other.  

It's interesting that this movie has diversity, but Caucasian and Latino/Hispanic are the biggest audience.

I expected Black to be a bigger audience due to Lupita.

Just now, Kon said:

It's interesting that this movie has diversity, but Caucasian and Latino/Hispanic are the biggest audience.

I expected Black to be a bigger audience due to Lupita.

To be fair, Latino / Hispanic counts as diversity. 

I find the demo breakdown to very strong overall, solid % for every people, even if yes i was expecting black communities and Latinos to be switched in the results as well.

2 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

I hope Horizon will make great numbers on saturday and sunday.

This is a weekend movie, so let's go!

Does still seem to be selling pretty well at the red county theater nearby, so if word-of-mouth isn't great I don't think that's gonna show up yet in the Saturday number

2 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

I hope Horizon will make great numbers on saturday and sunday.

This is a weekend movie, so let's go!

Although Horizon's audience isn't big on diversity, it's surprisingly high on women. That may help the legs.

Some intriguing under the hood with Horizon: Women were the majority turnout at 54% to men 46% with women over 25 repping 48% of the audience. That demo also gave the western its highest grades if you could call it that at 74%. Diversity demos were 68% Caucasian, 14% Hispanic and Latino, 7% Black and 5% Asian American. Of those who bought tickets, 31% of them were Paramount+ subscribers (which streams Yellowstone).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Wonder what KoK's cinemascore is gonna be. Guess they're waiting to poll that until the wider expansion?

It’s not hated enough, but it’s alienating enough for a D+ imo. Even critics are kinda split despite mostly positive.

I doubt they’re gonna do a poll tho, and it’s probably better for Searchlight to just capitalize on the wild variety of opinions for this during this expansions, a CS would probably make it look hated and hurt it.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

To be fair, Latino / Hispanic counts as diversity. 

I find the demo breakdown to very strong overall, solid % for every people, even if yes i was expecting black communities and Latinos to be switched in the results as well.

I wasn't clear. I know Latino/Hispanic counts as diversity, that's why I said  AQP was high on diversity.

I was just curious because I expected higher black audience due to Lupita.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s weird indeed, very rare for this to happen but worth to keep an eye from now on.

Strange year, Apes having franchise-best legs with a B CinemaScore. 

Now Day One getting very solid audience reception despite horrible RT verified score.

For Deadpool & Wolverine RT audience should still be reliable I think, even more the Cinemascore. The people who are going to see it on opening night are die hard fans. A low score would be pretty concerning.