kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

30 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is already in the top 5 largest grosser for Magnolia studio. I think it will stop at number 3 at about 7m since the top 2 - RBG and I am not your negro are in the teen range which I doubt Thelma can beat them.

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Jurassic World law wins again. Not even the Mouse can break it.

I mean i had to bribe a ton of senators in the US to make it into law in the first place. God i love corruption.

• Astonished 1

A movie open to below 10m shouldn’t drop 66% in its second weekend unless it is a total garbage. And the WOM for the movie seem solid enough but here we are. Maybe Covid-19 really killed off too many oldies white. 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

A movie open to below 10m shouldn’t drop 66% in its second weekend unless it is a total garbage. And the WOM for the movie seem solid enough but here we are. Maybe Covid-19 really killed off too many oldies white. 

I saw the movie last weekend and thought it was only okay, and it appears I wasn't alone in that regard. The comparisons to Black Mass (another crime drama that had Scorsese-esque aspirations and ended up quickly forgotten in the filmographies of all involved) are highly fitting tbh.

That lack of enthusiasm + what appears to have been a bit of an opening weekend rush (a 20%+ Saturday drop for this kind of movie, even in summer?) made for an automatic death sentence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I guess it can drop that much if it's frontloaded (Butler fans?), but with very little interest from wide audience .

Still have no idea what this and Fly me to the moon are doing in summer.

Edited by cinema pal

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

What were the demographics for Bikeriders?

12 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Deadline update:

Inside Out 2 - $56+ million

A Quiet Place Day One - $53 million

https://deadline.com/2024/06/box-office-a-quiet-place-day-one-horizon-1235985586/

It's interesting the biggest audience for AQP are white men. I really thought the bigger audience for this movie would be women, but it seems I was wrong.

It’s clear that audiences had a want-to-see this for A Quiet Place third time around. Why? It’s a whole fresh new take on a universe they love. Also evident that moviegoers were passionate about heading out this weekend was the fact that they shelled out to see the movie in the best format possible, meaning Imax and PLF, which are accounting for a 41% share of ticket sales so far. Never mind the B+ CinemaScore, which is the same grade as the first film. Genre audiences are always hard. In Screen Engine/Comscore audience exits, A Quiet Place: Day One gets four stars. A massive diverse crowd is showing up to the Paramount movie with 35% Caucasian, 32% Latino and Hispanic, 20% Black, 10% Asian and 4% Native American/other.

Age demo breakdowns for Day One were 32% for men over 25, 29% women over 25 (best grades at 81% on PostTrak), men under 25 at 20% and women under 25 at 19%. Forty percent of the audience went because it was part of a franchise they loved, while 36% said it looked entertaining and fun. Those nail-biting NYC apocalyptic trailers that Paramount cut sure worked, with 17% saying that the in-theater trailer and 12% citing the online trailer as the most influential forms of advertising for the Michael Sarnoski- directed and written, Platinum Dunes production.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kon said:

What were the demographics for Bikeriders?

Men showed up strong at 62% with half of those who bought tickets between 18-34 and 32% over 45. Diversity demos were 60% Caucasian, 22% Latino or Hispanic, 6% Black and 6% Asian. Highest grossing venue is AMC Burbank with close to $17K so far.

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Men showed up strong at 62% with half of those who bought tickets between 18-34 and 32% over 45. Diversity demos were 60% Caucasian, 22% Latino or Hispanic, 6% Black and 6% Asian. Highest grossing venue is AMC Burbank with close to $17K so far.

Thank you very much.

I can't help but wonder how The Bikeriders would've fared in its original early December spot. Probably even worse since it would've had the stench of "DOA awards bait" attached to it tbh.