kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

28 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Jennifer Lawrence deserved the Supporting Actress Oscar for American Hustle, sorry not sorry

She didn't even deserve to be nominated 

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Her immediate follow up to 12 Years A Slave being Non-Stop should have been the sign.

She shot that before 12YAS came out. It came out 4 months after. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I for one have no complaints about Lupita's post-Oscar career being mostly made up of genre fare and securing the bag of money. She suits these kinds of movies perfectly anyway!

I feel like she does have a bit of a Sigourney Weaver energy to her. Can carry a genre movie as a hero but also has a certain maternal warmth.

• Like 1

So should we be worried about the B+ Cinemascore for A Quiet Place: Day One? 

Considering the somewhat low verified audience score and how low the horror genre usually polls, a B+ is pretty damn solid. Also, it's the same score that the first Quiet Place earned in 2018. 

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

So should we be worried about the B+ Cinemascore for A Quiet Place: Day One? 

Considering the somewhat low verified audience score and how low the horror genre usually polls, a B+ is pretty damn solid. Also, it's the same score that the first Quiet Place earned in 2018. 

Considering how much everyone irrationally freaked out at Apes' B, I would say no

• Like 1

Just now, AniNate said:

Considering how much everyone irrationally freaked out at Apes' B, I would say no

Though I would like to see those PostTrak exits. Maybe they'll give us a better idea of audiences' reaction to the film. If they're about the same, we could be looking at a number that could be very close to $60M. 

A bit off-topic, but I actually have a double feature at my local cinema tomorrow. 

I'm gonna catch A Quiet Place: Day One again very early in the morning (before the Friday estimates come in) and afterwards, I'm gonna go watch The Bikeriders. I'm seeing Day One again, because I want to be in a screening with much less people and especially teenagers. 

I'm telling you guys, 13-year olds or younger in a PG-13 horror movie is always the worst. The ones who don't bother to turn off their phone or just cannot sit still and be silent for more than a minute without laughing or doing whatever they do. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

A bit off-topic, but I actually have a double feature at my local cinema tomorrow. 

I'm gonna catch A Quiet Place: Day One again very early in the morning (before the Friday estimates come in) and afterwards, I'm gonna go watch The Bikeriders. I'm seeing Day One again, because I want to be in a screening with much less people and especially teenagers. 

I'm telling you guys, 13-year olds or younger in a PG-13 horror movie is always the worst. The ones who don't bother to turn off their phone or just cannot sit still and be silent for more than a minute without laughing or doing whatever they do. 

I'd be good company. ❤️

• Haha 1