Eric Deetz

Fourth of July/Despicable Me 4 Weekend Thread | 122.61M 5-Day Opening

Every-time I log on here it’s the same four discussions in perpetuity, I swear haha. A forum full of groundhog’s day enthusiasts

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

If I could throw in some potentially positive news for next weekend, it could be the first time this year that we have a Top Five that has every film make at least $10M.

Even if Fly Me to the Moon doesn't overperform (let's all pray it does), it should hit at least double digits and though judging exclusively.by pre-sales is probably not a good idea, Longlegs has a great chance to hit double digits if it keeps up its strong pace. 

Then that just leaves us with Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4, and A Quiet Place: Day One. The first two will no doubt make more than $10M and if Day One can thrive alongside Longlegs in the marketplace, we should be in good hands. 

I don't know about you guys but something just doesn't feel right whenever I look at a box office chart and there's less than five movies on it with a gross over $10M

Every time people try to match 2 different movies now it feels cringe, this Gladiator and Wicked association won’t stick.

Wicked looks ugly, i’m not sure they can sell it as a global event, because it doesn’t looks like a spectacle, let’s see.

Gladiator is the same, it depends on it’s sense of spectacle. The concept itself is the hook: exotic history / characters presented with action approach.

Everything will depend on the execution, if the tone of the whole thing feels antiquade (like Twisters feels a bit imo), it’ll probably flop. If it feels like a modern spectacle, there’s room to do well.

You can argue that Ridley is a hit or miss artist which is true, but he did pretty good movies recently too like Martian and Last Duel, so it can happen here, we have to at least see something.

It’s fair and normal to simply feel it will be bad or won’t perform well, but rationalize personal bias or feelings about a movie without see even a trailer is just laughable.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s fair and normal to simply feel it will be bad or won’t perform well, but rationalize personal bias or feelings about a movie without see even a trailer is just laughable.

Literally every film on BOT has people using personal biases and feelings (positive or negative) and other factors before a trailer is released lmao

25 years ago only 3 or 4 films had made over a billion WW.

Today there are 56 movies that made over a billion WW.

I wonder if the biggest factor is China cause that stat is crazy to me.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

25 years ago only 3 or 4 films had made over a billion WW.

Today there are 56 movies that made over a billion WW.

I wonder if the biggest factor is China cause that stat is crazy to me.

China (mostly gone now), inflation, cinematic universes, and bringing back popular/IP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AniNate said:

25 years ago a billion was essentially 500 million

Yeah and now 600m is the new 300m 

Edited by Jaxon5

16 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Literally every film on BOT has people using personal biases and feelings (positive or negative) and other factors before a trailer is released lmao

See, i said clearly that bias is fair and honest. I said that rationalizing bias without see anything, only to justify it with some twisted logic to fit a narrative that doesn’t really make sense is laughable. 

These are vastly different things 

30 minutes ago, TMP said:

Every-time I log on here it’s the same four discussions in perpetuity, I swear haha. A forum full of groundhog’s day enthusiasts

Wanna talk about girls?

• Haha 1

is something going on in latin america? after the pandemic lots of attendance records seem to be falling 

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

See, i said clearly that bias is fair and honest. I said that rationalizing bias without see anything, only to justify it with some twisted logic to fit a narrative that doesn’t really make sense is laughable. 

These are vastly different things 

And that happens with literally every film on BOT lmao. I don’t know why it’s suddenly a problem now. No one has a problem with doing it with Sonic 3, Captain America: Brave New World, Superman, Mickey 17, Mission Impossible 8, Snow White, etc. One person’s “twisted logic” is another person’s reasonable logic. No one really knows until the numbers come out.

If you think it’s a problem you’re a bit late on that lol

6 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

And that happens with literally every film on BOT lmao. I don’t know why it’s suddenly a problem now. No one has a problem with doing it with Sonic 3, Captain America: Brave New World, Superman, Mickey 17, Mission Impossible 8, Snow White, etc. One person’s “twisted logic” is another person’s reasonable logic. No one really knows until the numbers come out.

If you think it’s a problem you’re a bit late on that lol

Yes, and i said it’s laughable. 

I know everyone does, i did with Mickey 17 because i like Bong, it’s fine, i never said it’s a problem.

It’s just funny to read, you don’t have to defend it and honestly this is probably tiresome already to read so let’s just move on.